Iowa 2015 Fall GTG (October 17, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as there is room for my cot in the shop and some wood to keep us warm it will b a great GTG. Road looks good. Real worry now is wood to cut for the GTG. And what saws to bring.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Got wood!

4ead78181a33fb34604aa57ec5c9a47b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just came back inside for a cup of Joe.

Hadn't checked Nate's post in a while.....Wow what a Great job you guys! I look forward to seeing the
complete project in person next month.

Brenda and I will be heading North early Saturday morning the day of the GTG.
We geezers will be in the right lane of I29 so approach with caution.

As long as there is room for my cot in the shop and some wood to keep us warm it will b a great GTG. Road looks good. Real worry now is wood to cut for the GTG. And what saws to bring.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I will try to have the shop cleaned out as much as possible... Not as big as Hoskey's but there should be room for 5-10 guys to crash in there. I have a couple bench seats (from a couple 87-91 ford trucks) in there that might provide a bed or two... MoJim will feel right at home!!! No guarantee's on shops mouse population that time of year...

I need directions from I-35. Coming from Springfield Mo. Been to Samtips a couple of times. You're south of Desmoins ar'nt you? Also, do you have electric available? Or do I need to bring a generator?

I need directions from I-35. Coming from Springfield Mo. Been to Samtips a couple of times. You're south of Desmoins ar'nt you? Also, do you have electric available? Or do I need to bring a generator?
just so everyone knows... hwy 92 from east of Martensdale to the west side of Indianola is closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Directions:
Exit I-35 and go east toward Martensdale.
Turn left and go north on Hwy 28 through Martensdale
Continue 5ish miles north to hwyG24, turn right and go west
Continue 6-7miles until it dead ends into Hwy 65/69 and turn right and go south
Note: you will be going up a big hill as you go south so make sure you have enough room to merge into the left when pulling camper
Turn left onto Summerset Road and continue 1.5 miles to 143rd Ave
Turn right onto 143rd ave and head south for 2 miles to 8590
Note: you'll need to watch close for my driveway as I live 1/4 mile west of 143rd back in the woods so you wont MY house at the street. I have a shared driveway with my neighbor who is out by the street. Big green house and green detached garage. Turn in by the green house and continue back into the woods...
upload_2015-9-22_10-38-42.png

Here is a google earth image... the red marker shows where the log yard will be. You can see my house back in the woods SW of the red marker. My shop is 1/2 way in between. We will be parking, camping and doing everything in the log yard and down by the shop. I'm sure my wife will have the hill to the house roped off so nobody makes the mistake of going up there. You can turn a car or truck around up there but not a truck and trailer!!!!

You can also see the fork in the driveway by the street. That is my neighbor (green house), don't park there!

upload_2015-9-22_10-52-2.png

Also, do you have electric available? Or do I need to bring a generator?

I would bring a generator... there may be room for 1-2 RV's by the shop but with driveway and limited space... I'd play it safe and bring the genny.

Ok so there are several rules to the Husky 55 build since it was asked about in other threads...

1.) no pipes
2.) no alcohol
3.) stock cylinders (or equivalent cc size)

The address is:
8590 143rd Ave
Indianola, IA 50125

I do recommend going up through Martensdale and across on HWY G24 for those of you coming from the south. Coming on hwy 69 through Osceola is an option but with the traffic lights in Indianola and slower speeds through Osceola and Indianola I think the few extra miles would make it a wash on time.

Doug, are you bringing your RV?

Thinking about it. Don't know if the ground will hold the RV. Plus can I make the turn into the field. Then I don't like gravel roads with the RV but I do it.

I have some small Honda generators if you want to use them. They are very quiet! They are 2000 watts each and can be paired to run an RV air conditioner. They will run about two days with the boat motor tanks connected.

Doug if you back in to the drive I think you can back into the field entrance. There is 110v at the well but that won't do much for AC units. By oct 17th it should be pretty cool out.

Workshop, how big is your rig? There's not a ton of flat area by the shop and I'm guessing hoskey's will be bringing their camper too. I'll try to get some more space mowed out by the garden area and get a big wide path cut down the side of the driveway for an entrance/exit.

Lots of tent space for those willing to rough it!

Got the 55 running tonight!
6adbc1f5755a11c6c43008b0f653a11a.jpg

96219906b1605b2d2c1c6d9e75b54f36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate, maybe I missed this earlier......are we having Breakfast at your shop? If so what can we bring? What time are we scheduled to start
the festivities? What would you like us to bring to share for Lunch? I will PM you cell #'s just in case.
Good day Fella's, Hi Ho off to work I go!

Latest posts

Back