Iowa 2015 Fall GTG (October 17, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,
Question...

My little home town church is 20min drive from the GTG... Just got a text from my mom that they bumped up the fall supper a week this year. It's an annual tradition that I go with my parents to celebrate my dad's birthday and mine (Oct 18th and 21st). I'd feel awefully guilty leaving ya'll alone... I was thinking of asking the pastor to start early so we could all go for a late lunch at 1-2pm ish? This would take food prep off my hands and we'd all eat better too. If you guys still want to potluck for saturday that's fine too. I won't leave if we are potlucking at my place.

$8-$9/head (from what I recall)
Mashed potatos
chicken and noddles
ham balls
green beans
baked beans
cold bean and pasta salads
lots of pies and desserts...

there is always canned goods and baked goods for sale too...

I can run 5-7 of us in the highlander and the wife can probably take 3-4 more in the camry or truck.

Thoughts?? yes no???
You are buying right? Thats fine.

Saw dust? I hope we only have wood chips.
I have a request for the orange crowd. I have a fresh built 372xp that came to me with 24" 404. I want to run with a 24" 3/8 before I decide invest in a bar/chain. I have a 3/8 7 rim. Just want to barrow the b/c.
I'm ok with a road trip for lunch. Let them know we show up hungry.
Did we get breakfast cooking figured out? Great now I'm hungry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I got a 24/25 sugihara you can try with chain. Going to use it on my 372 when I get it back from mastermind.

Thanks Doug. 404 cuts ok but definitely could do better. Thinking the saw came from west coast. Full wrap and all.

Saw dust? I hope we only have wood chips.
I have a request for the orange crowd. I have a fresh built 372xp that came to me with 24" 404. I want to run with a 24" 3/8 before I decide invest in a bar/chain. I have a 3/8 7 rim. Just want to barrow the b/c.
I'm ok with a road trip for lunch. Let them know we show up hungry.
Did we get breakfast cooking figured out? Great now I'm hungry.

You hungry... Never!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ok as long as they understand and dont mind that we'll be looking a little rough around the edges and might have a little sawdust on our boots and britches.
Farmers are just coming in from the fields to get dinner. It's a small rural country church... We might want to shake the chips off as best as possible just to be polite to the old ladies that will have to clean up after us.

Of course this is all hypothetical until I chat with the pastor to see if they can get us in early. If it works out, bring snacks for the time between breakfast and a later lunch.

Is the church going to serve chili ?? In all seriousness tho, im game for anything. im all about taking the easier route for cooking! Plus I could get another ride in Chet's badass truck!
We'll put you in the truck bed and I'll show Chet the roughest road possible between my place and the church.

Thanks Doug. 404 cuts ok but definitely could do better. Thinking the saw came from west coast. Full wrap and all.

I have several bars you can try out in 3/8 chain.

Farmers are just coming in from the fields to get dinner. It's a small rural country church... We might want to shake the chips off as best as possible just to be polite to the old ladies that will have to clean up after us.

Of course this is all hypothetical until I chat with the pastor to see if they can get us in early. If it works out, bring snacks for the time between breakfast and a later lunch.

Sort of need to know Chet is getting nervous.;):):):)

Is the church going to serve chili ?? In all seriousness tho, im game for anything. im all about taking the easier route for cooking! Plus I could get another ride in Chet's badass truck!

Hell Clint, no need to ride you can drive infin you want to? :D

Kenneth, I should be able to make it till lunch.....I can always fill my pockets with snacks! Lord knows my pockets are empty & deep

Hell Clint, no need to ride you can drive infin you want to? :D

Kenneth, I should be able to make it till lunch.....I can always fill my pockets with snacks! Lord knows my pockets are empty & deep
Dibbs! Clint you can drive my truck... :p

Back