Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne here -- this is my first post on the site. Been lurking for a while and just decided to come out from behind the curtain and post. Had a terrific time at the GTG/Charity Cut: good people, good food and a wonderful cause. Big THANK YOU to Doug and Marcie for being such wonderful hosts. Looking forward to the Spring GTG.

d749a959c138b6e0de90fa4f8a45c0fb.jpg
Nathan running my 2260... He is a stihl fan but you should have heard his reaction to a "good" saw! [emoji6]

Doug and Marcy,
What great hosts you are! You have an excellent location and facility for these events and you take such wonderful care of the volunteers!
The elevator was a big help and simplified the process and the trailer and cutting stands worked well, Doug.
All the splitters got good workouts and all of them worked well. Alex is quite a craftsman with fabrication and welding as his splitter was very impressive.
A big thanks to the Split Second guys, Mike and Carl, for donating their time and 2 machines for the day.
Jess and I had a fun day. Thanks for your big hearts and desire to help those less fortunate.:):bowdown:

Doug and Marcy,
What great hosts you are! You have an excellent location and facility for these events and you take such wonderful care of the volunteers!
The elevator was a big help and simplified the process and the trailer and cutting stands worked well, Doug.
All the splitters got good workouts and all of them worked well. Alex is quite a craftsman with fabrication and welding as his splitter was very impressive.
A big thanks to the Split Second guys, Mike and Carl, for donating their time and 2 machines for the day.
Jess and I had a fun day. Thanks for your big hearts and desire to help those less fortunate.:):bowdown:
Very well put Ron!

Yes a big thanks to Doug& Marcy for hosting this.:rock:
i think Ronaldo summed it up nicely:D
Its great when u can go do something u enjoy and help someone else thats less fortunate than we are!!!:clap:
Enjoy the pics & videos too,from everybody.

To the Split Second guys ,Mike and Carl ,a very big thanks for there time and 2 splitters:rock:
thats impressive that they and the company are doing this ,u dont see this very often!

Where do we go to give our likes and dislikes review
thanks again,and these guys didnt just stand around and watch,they worked as hard as the rest of us did.:chop::chop::bowdown:

To the Split Second guys ,Mike and Carl ,a very big thanks for there time and 2 splitters:rock:
thats impressive that they and the company are doing this ,u dont see this very often!

Where do we go to give or likes and dislikes review
thanks again,and these guys didnt just stand around and watch,they worked as hard as the rest of us did.:chop::chop::bowdown:
Hope we didn't scare em off from coming next time. Their machine sure helped out a lot!

Doug and Marcy
Not sure there isn't anything more to say then what everyone has already said. It was a great time for a great cause. It's amazing how much can get done in such a short amount of time. Although after lunch I desperately wanted to go into a food coma. So much good food and people! Can't wait for the next time, the splitter will be at %100....

Here is the tread The "Split Second" group introduced their splitters.
http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...econd-log-splitter.259727/page-6#post-4971786

It would be an appropriate place to post reviews/photos/videos.
- Did you try the log lift option? If so, how about with the Super Splitters?
- How about the log cart?
- I am looking forward to seeing them.:popcorn:

What is the opinion of the Super Splitter "Special edition" versus the HD model?

Mini excavator also? looked mighty handy!

Latest posts

Back