Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it is a shame to loose such magnificent trees. But apparently the trees were going to go anyway. What would have been a real shame is if they were going to be ground into chips, then into a landfill or pressed into little logs. Only to wind up on a store shelf. Doug and Marcy's solution works the best.

What hurts down here is landowners will push trees into a pile, let them set for a couple of years, then set fire to them. I understand their need to have more grassland for cattle and other farm operations. But, for God's sake, let me come in and get the usable firewood out of it first. There really are people out there that desperately need it.

Firewood or lumber. Don't waste what mother nature has been kind enough to provide us. Burning good wood in piles is shameful. Happens around here alot too.

A look at the ash trees before cutting them down today. The property will look very different once gone. I have been gone all week. Lots of logs sorting for me when I get home.

305df39428cabe76e072b945b30129d3.jpg

A look at the ash trees before cutting them down today. The property will look very different once gone. I have been gone all week. Lots of logs sorting for me when I get home.

305df39428cabe76e072b945b30129d3.jpg
That sure is a shame that they need to be removed. Loosing lots of shade and beauty.

Latest posts

Back