Is a Better Business Bureau membership worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponderosatree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm thinking of becoming a member just so I can put their logo on my ad. None of my competitors have it featured in their ads. Anyone think it's worth it?

I became a member this year and it is giving
to the community you serve. It has benefits
they will work as a mediator on your behalf
if someone has a problem with your work.
Advertising with logo is after a years membership
on print ads. They have got promo stuff going on
right now and would be great but have too many
expenses now to be a part! If you want to support
community and be known it is worth it they will
send you benefits of membership, it is not a get rich
scheme and will ad to your expense but does say
you believe in your work so investigate it and decide.

it's a wast of $$

it works good for a store but not so good for a Mobile bis. like tree work or construction co's

I second what ASD said, BBB doesnt mean squat!! and if your a good reputable biz you really dont need it, the logo really doesnt do much.
good luck though.

LXT............

My membership here cost 250.00 plus some
set up fee 27.00 I think it was; so under 300.00
in Ar. You can not have bad complaint or you
will not be considered.

Last edited:
cool...not as much as i thought

so basically they look at your license number, insurance and do a background check...?

i know i can look it up

but can any one give a summary to what it takes/cost to become a BBB member

I just spoke with a BBB rep yesterday. Pricing is regional I believe and will differ depending on what chapter is local to your area. My rep said annual pricing was $540 without an online link and $740 with an online link. The online link is really only valuable if your website is a major source of leads and information for your company. Not really worth it otherwise.

ya definetly seems like it

i guess it just another acrediation to have under your belt...i am sure being part of the bbb is not going to hurt business

ya...i mean sure its 500 bucks...but if it can help...and you think of 500 over 12 months...breaks down to what like 40 45 bucks a month

i think it can do some good...espcially in the bay area

Got a call from the BBB this morning and missed the call (was bowhunting). I called back and got their recording. I was curious why they would call me. I wondered if someone might have complained to them. Ended up talking to them and they were trying to get me to join. Went ahead and did it for $475 a year with 2 links on their website. I figured it can't hurt. And I make $475 real quick...

We get between 40-50 hits per year due to our BBB membership. Definitely pays for itself in no time at all. It calms a lot of peoples fears when they see you are a BBB member. There is also a lot of opportunity to network with different contractors.

Latest posts

Back