Is all 2 cycle mixing oil created equal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I read at the Amsoil site it was made to go 200 to one . I use 4 ounces in 2 and half gallons . I do this for making it easy, 8 mixes to a quart . I just use the bottle to measure new quart pour it to 28 ounces are left . I run this in everything 2 cycle posthole digger lawn boy mowers snow blowers . One gas can an done .

That's 80:1, how long have you used that ratio and any failures? That's the ratio I had my customer use with Saber on a Husky 455 and 50. I made these charts for him and told him to use a syringe to measure it. I think it was a 60mL syringe and fit very nice in the opening of the Saber quart.

Mix 1.PNG Mix 2.PNG

I have run Mobil 2-T for years at 40:1. Bought every bottle & case that I could find back when Mobil announced that they were discontinuing production. I also use a Ratio Right measuring cup. I am fortunate to be able to buy ethanol-free gasoline, which I use exclusively in all of my OPE.

That's 80:1, how long have you used that ratio and any failures? That's the ratio I had my customer use with Saber on a Husky 455 and 50. I made these charts for him and told him to use a syringe to measure it. I think it was a 60mL syringe and fit very nice in the opening of the Saber quart.

View attachment 605683 View attachment 605684
About 5 years no failures . I feel safe running at 80 to 1 far less carbon build up

About 5 years no failures . I feel safe running at 80 to 1 far less carbon build up
Could I ask how many tank fulls though in the time frame& do you use up a tank or more at one time of constant WOT running or is it a lot of stop start /idling. Curious.

Could I ask how many tank fulls though in the time frame& do you use up a tank or more at one time of constant WOT running or is it a lot of stop start /idling. Curious.
I only cut firewood for me . I always ran my saws fast would lean them out till they scream . The big saws were under load most of the time . Little saws when trimming not sure if I throttle down . I think about 2 gallons a year

I'm in this boat too. When I had my lawn care business I ran Sabre at 80:1 with AvGas in all my two strokes. I burned 20 ish gallons a year at that mix through the saws, trimmers, blowers, clippers etc and never had a single issue or scored piston etc. Never had any carbon buildup, (every spring I would clean the lead fouling from the plugs and re gap them) or oil fouling. Just pulled the cyl off the 357xp last week and it still looks new. For me it's convenient, everything at 80:1, the airport is a few min away and the local NAPA has the Sabre in stock.

Since I sold the business nearly 2 years ago (and the hand held equipment has nearly no value when selling a business) I kept all the hand held equipment. Some of the trimmers have sat with full tanks for over a year and they start up like they were ran yesterday (but that's due to the fuel, not the oil). I know many call it snake oil, and others swear by 32:1 smoke machines, but for me, it's 80:1 in everything (and no, I don't sell Amsoil.

SAE 30 HD walmart oil mixed @ 16:1 is da bestest ever
Red Armor Oil is a joke that OPE PSP'S run in shelf queen saws or MMWS ported crap!!!!!!!:clap::clap:

Latest posts

Back