Is anybody else ready for winter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the humidity is killer around here, it sucks, soaked through underwear and jeans in a couple hours. 2-3 shirts a day
i hate the humidity , and the worst is still to come

LOL. I just looked at my laundry basket and asked myself why its full after 2 days and only 2 people in the house.

I realize Im changing like 3 times per day past 3 days.

I AM SOOOOOOOOO READY FOR WINTER!!!!!!!

I HATE SUMMER. I HATE HEAT. I HATE BUGS.

Ok, 30min break is over...back out to split. :(

Last edited:
There's not a single season I'd give up to hurry toward another season. They all have things I love. Spring is spring, and things are starting to grow. It's also the season I do my firewood cutting for next winter and plant gardens.

Summer is watching gardens grow. Weeding, fertilizing, watering. Also tons of ongoing gardening and outdoor home construction projects.

Fall is harvest. Fall is hunting. Fall is leaves turning and brisk days that snap and crackle. Fall is my favorite season of the year.

Winter is watching last spring's wood burn, knowing my home is snug and warm, that I have indoor handyman/construction projects to keep me in business all winter.

And 365 days of the year are for photography, fishing, family, beer. How could I wish away a single day?

Great reply, I agree 100%

There's not a single season I'd give up to hurry toward another season. They all have things I love. Spring is spring, and things are starting to grow. It's also the season I do my firewood cutting for next winter and plant gardens.

Summer is watching gardens grow. Weeding, fertilizing, watering. Also tons of ongoing gardening and outdoor home construction projects.

Fall is harvest. Fall is hunting. Fall is leaves turning and brisk days that snap and crackle. Fall is my favorite season of the year.

Winter is watching last spring's wood burn, knowing my home is snug and warm, that I have indoor handyman/construction projects to keep me in business all winter.

And 365 days of the year are for photography, fishing, family, beer. How could I wish away a single day?

:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2: The most truest statement made on this post so far. Every day is as enjoyable as you make it. With proper planning and common sense there should be no reason why every season isn't enjoyed to the max. Where I live, we definately get the brunt of the 4 seasons, from 100 in the summer to -30 in the winter and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Just my .02.

Lol if you lived here and "worked" in it you would not care for summer much. I have experienced northern summer and winter and while our winter does not compare to yours your summer is a walk in the park compared to here. Then there is chiggars and billions of ticks,skeeters and scorpions:monkey:

I love winter. I do not complain about it ever.
I HATE the heat of mid-summer. I complain about it EVERY day it's here.
I hate the blood sucking insects.
I hate mud season.
I hate humidity.
I hate the summer idiots that clog my roads and my stores.
I hate the summer road construction that NEVER ENDS.
I hate SUNBURNS.

The ONE redeeming quality of summer is....women in scant clothing.

If I could have it 45*F and sunny year round, that would be perfect.
Perpetual October 15th, perfect.

Winters over:confused:pic from 3 weeks ago. It has stopped raining for a couple hours and its supposed to break 60 degrees today.
attachment.php

wood ready for winter?

When I first saw this thread I thought it would be about having WOOD ready for winter... I had hoped to get my wood out of the woods, cut and split before the warm weather hit but I am way behind schedule. Most of it is on the ground but still in the woods, some is cut, most is not split. I would much rather work in the cooler months. I like the seasons but for working I would much rather not have the folage to get in the way, the bugs, the heat and the humidity.

i love winter. I do not complain about it ever.
I hate the heat of mid-summer. I complain about it every day it's here.
I hate the blood sucking insects.
I hate mud season.
I hate humidity.
I hate the summer idiots that clog my roads and my stores.
I hate the summer road construction that never ends.
I hate sunburns.

The one redeeming quality of summer is....women in scant clothing.

If i could have it 45*f and sunny year round, that would be perfect.
Perpetual october 15th, perfect.

Absolutely The Best Post Yet!! Amen!

Back