Is "Bar-Oil" made for *Suckers* ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only motor oil that I would use is Brad Penn 20W-50, its the old Kendal GT-1. Its green, thick, and sticks to everything!. Its tough to get off parts even with parts cleaner during a rebuild!. Now of course cost is another thing!. There are 4 quarts per gallon, so anyone complaining about paying $8.00 per gallon needs to price normal motor oil at over $2.00 a quart!.

The last few gallons of bar oil I bought was around $3.86 a gallon, so cheap even a CAVEMAN could afford it. :laugh:
PPOIL.jpg

After every cut, I just spit on the chain, seems to work great....but I'm using a MS290, so when you run the best chainsaw on the market, you can get away with it!!:D

After every cut, I just spit on the chain, seems to work great....but I'm using a MS290, so when you run the best chainsaw on the market, you can get away with it!!:D

Husky doesn't make a ms290 so how can you be running the best saw on the market?

Husky, Stihl and Dolmar all got together to make the best darn saw in the world, then they played rock-scissors-paper to decide who got to sell it.

Stihl won, and it's all been down hill for the other two since then!

Stihl wasn't done there, they said "hey, we have this very powerful, light weight saw, but I think we can get more power from it without any weight increase" Thus the MS310 was born. You know German engineers, they stayed up late and worked out another mod for it, achieving chainsaw greatness that has yet to be surpassed, they brought us MS390. A true brute. This thing has a power to weight ratio that I don't think will be seen in a saw until they can factor Carbon Fiber into the mix.

I have been running this bar oil for two years with 0 problems and it is 4.69 per gallon....It has good tack propertys..

Where do you find that brand? Never seen it before?

Will give it a try too, if i dont have to drive 30 miles one way like I did yesterday to a Husky dealer.;) Then ended up ordering online because what I wanted wouldn't be available till Nov. I try to buy local first. But sometimes you got to what you got to do.;)

Hmmmm my poulan bar oil is made in AR too.

Last edited:
Where do you find that brand? Never seen it before?

Will give it a try too, if i dont have to drive 30 miles one way like I did yesterday to a Husky dealer.;) Then ended up ordering online because what I wanted wouldn't be available till Nov. I try to buy local first. But sometimes you got to what you got to do.;)

Hmmmm my poulan bar oil is made in AR too.

I get it from a local tree service ..

Last edited:
WOW:

It seems that I must break down the *tongue and cheek* comments for those who obviously cannot comprehend a simple joke.

First off, lets just get one thing very clear right up front. For all you guys spending the time to look up my bio, I've got a wife, I'm not looking for a "girlfriend" either!!. Stop getting all lathered up over the "good looking ladies man" description. It's not gonna happen; I don't swing that way!!

Now, to further explain the whole bar oil question to begin with, if you can put aside the 6 year old mentality responses thus far of "why can't a millionaire afford $8.00 bar oil". The price is not the point!

I just can't help thinking that after every 4 or 5 tank fills of bar oil, I literally just dumped a gallon of oil all over the ground.

I'm sure it will make no difference to the enviroment, but after dumping several gallons of fluid out over time, it makes you wonder.

How about possibly using some type of bar that is made out of a hard nylon or something? (kind of like those super hard nylon dog chews). I know there will most likely be some reason why it won't work, followed by more "this topic sucks" banter, but there just seems to be a better way than dumping gallons of oil all over the ground times thousands of other users of saws.

Btw, for all the "dudes" trying to court me, The "millionair" comment was a typo, I meant to write Zillionaire!!....sorry for the mistake!

Since nobody took the bait and ran with it, the poulan bar oil was manf in GA not AR. Just so not to confuse the subject any further for others. :dizzy:

I just can't help thinking that after every 4 or 5 tank fills of bar oil, I literally just dumped a gallon of oil all over the ground. ...

That is just one of the reasons that I prefer the Husky Veg-Oil, and Aspen Alcylate fuel - less polution for both me and the environment.

I have tried other Veg-Oils, but they don't perform as well....

Well that cleared it up Mr super hunky you don't want to spend money on bar oil and you care about the enviroment hahahahahaha I know I ain't to worried about the enviroment because I do mostly removals so I must be a bad person.i personally wish that those bleeding hearts would **** so we could cut the redwoods again.

Canola

Canola oil for me...now if I can get scottr to try it a large portion of this state will be ecologically safer! :rock:

Latest posts

Back