is it just me, or am i not getting paid enough

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the Op, you can thank all these owners of tree businesses that hire illegals for your $12 an hour. They just beat the wages down, and these owners justify themselves by saying "oh they work harder " that's b.s.! I've never had one out work me, and if anyone says they do than that person is lazy and has no pride in himself or his forebears . It's all about greed! Anyways are you an ice climber? I climb out in Montana quite a bit.

I completely agree and it is not only being a terrible business owner and American, it's being a terrible humanitarian. All professionals that work hard and take pride in what they do should be paid accordingly, now if you half a** everything then you're worthless and should also be paid accordingly.

I do climb rock and ice, with ice i haven't made it out of the bighorns, but i hear hyalite canyon has some incredible climbing and it's definitely on next years list of places to climb.

-Richard

Pay is only 1 part of the puzzle. My employer pays my gas(in a car i rarely use at work), cell phone($80 month), health insurance ($300), breakfast, lunch, and extra tickets for buffets or concerts. He also pays all mechanical bills on my truck. He towed my moms car twice for nothing. My last boss before moving gave me a new trim saw, a 88xp and a bunch of chain. I will say its a rarity. Most of the time the company i work for gets the best of me 1 way or another. :taped: less said the better.

I completely agree and it is not only being a terrible business owner and American, it's being a terrible humanitarian. All professionals that work hard and take pride in what they do should be paid accordingly, now if you half a** everything then you're worthless and should also be paid accordingly.

I do climb rock and ice, with ice i haven't made it out of the bighorns, but i hear hyalite canyon has some incredible climbing and it's definitely on next years list of places to climb.

-Richard

Yeah Hyalite is one of my favs, I posted some pics on a different thread climbing Genesis I and upper Green Sleeves in Hyalite. We have some good ice around Michigan's U.P., but it's about 6 hours away and nothing like the Gallatin Mountains. Most of the winter we let water run off of my climbing partners 80' silo and get good practice off that. Getting way off the subject, do you hunt any antelope up there in Sheridan?

Latest posts

Back