is there a good aftermarket crank for a husky 3120?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C SAW 090

Extremist Chainsaw Junkie
Reaction score
Looking for a crank for a 3120 I just got, didnt know if there was a good quality aftermarket crank. Or should I get the husky crank ? Not really a husky guy but for the price I couldnt say no.

Think of it this way, when you go to sell it a Point would be- Replaced with OEM Crank, Not I threw a After market crank from china in there, It might hold for a while...

Was thinking that the husky crank was not so good ? Ive heard the 3120s have crank issues, so I didnt know if there may be a better afrermarket crank. Im not trying to be a cheap ass ,and have no intention of selling it .

I dont know dood im not a husky guy either... they make sewing machines:msp_razz::msp_razz:

Was thinking that the husky crank was not so good ? Ive heard the 3120s have crank issues, so I didnt know if there may be a better afrermarket crank. Im not trying to be a cheap ass ,and have no intention of selling it .

From what I've been told the only 3120 crank problems are from insanely powerful and highly revved race saws.

Lots of timber has been put on the ground since '88 and lots of wood milled with 3120's over the years.
Seems to be the preferred saw of over 100cc post rip racers here in Australia too.

Hey Mitch, Stihl make vacuums too :p

I haven't seen an aftermarket crank available for the 3120. I think the Partner K1250 uses the same crank though so that might be a low cost alternative for you.

the factory crank is fine for a work saw. they even hold up in the race saws because they only do 10 seconds worth of cutting at time. cookie slicers :) I had a alkie hotsaw 3120 I just sold with a stock crank and it held up fine. I true bullet proof 3120 ends up getting an 084 rod. I may or may not have a couple good oem cranks chill'n depending on the distance between us and your trading materials :) I generally keep my 3120 parts because I mill with them but for the right trade I might be able to let one go.

:)

attachment.php

thought a pic might tempt you further. I did not put the saws there to show off. they just so happened to be sitting on the work area. notice I use one of the wifes tables :)

I think milling with a saw is what is hard on cranks. I would keep my eye out for a good used one myself and from the looks of the previous posts I dont think you have to look to far to find one. good luck getting the big ol gal going again. Rick!

I'd go used OEM before a new aftermarket crank.
The 3120 has crank issue when you run them on nitro and alcohol and they
are turning 15,000rpms. Other than that and milling they don't have much issue.

I dont know dood im not a husky guy either... they make sewing machines:msp_razz::msp_razz:

I bought my wife a used Husqvarna sewing machine. Came up in one of my CL listing search notifications (for Husqvarna of course). Happy wife................happy life.:cheers:

:)
thought a pic might tempt you further. I did not put the saws there to show off. they just so happened to be sitting on the work area. notice I use one of the wifes tables :)

No wonder your wife notices when you bring saws home...............you put them on HER tables. Shane we need to talk.......:givebeer:

I bought my wife a used Husqvarna sewing machine. Came up in one of my CL listing search notifications (for Husqvarna of course). Happy wife................happy life.:cheers:

No wonder your wife notices when you bring saws home...............you put them on HER tables. Shane we need to talk.......:givebeer:

what do you wanna talk about? my methods are solid. notice those were orange saws. as long as they are orange I never get caught with new saws. the other colored saws have a separate den where they are stored :)

what do you wanna talk about? my methods are solid. notice those were orange saws. as long as they are orange I never get caught with new saws. the other colored saws have a separate den where they are stored :)

You've gotta learn to get the 'other' saws to that separate den without being seen. Better yet, you need a shop or shed where your better half has no desire to go to (or inspect)..:popcorn:

You've gotta learn to get the 'other' saws to that separate den without being seen. Better yet, you need a shop or shed where your better half has no desire to go to (or inspect)..:popcorn:

heated shop is in the preparation stage :rock: for now I gotta make do with what I got :cheers:

heated shop is in the preparation stage :rock: for now I gotta make do with what I got :cheers:

Good plan. Just be aware that heating the shop removes one major 'inspection protection factor'. To compensate for this, I suggest you make sure that a corner/section of the new shop is dirty/dark/disorganized/spooky (cobwebs and dead spiders help) so that the Mrs doesn't look too closely there. That's where the 'unsanctioned additions' should go. My whole shop is this way (and is unheated).:D

Good plan. Just be aware that heating the shop removes one major 'inspection protection factor'. To compensate for this, I suggest you make sure that a corner/section of the new shop is dirty/dark/disorganized/spooky (cobwebs and dead spiders help) so that the Mrs doesn't look too closely there. That's where the 'unsanctioned additions' should go. My whole shop is this way (and is unheated).:D

to tell you the truth if I had my own shop she wouldn't give a damn how many saws I had. currently I have the spare bedroom overrun with saws, guns, and 2 dirty rotten mutts :D

Latest posts

Back