Is there a saw that used 7/16 x 3/8 bar studs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Can anyone think of a saw that used bar studs that were 7/16 on one end and 3/8 on the other. If not need to source them somewhere. They need to be 3" length

Double end studs are common. Might have to go to a dedicated fastener supplier though.
They are common and I can order as many .375 x. 375x 3.0 as I want but when it comes to a .375 x .4375 x 3.0 it gets a bit tougher as those are generally NF. I just though since I have 600 saws here to pull parts from I wondered if anyone knew of a saw that used them.

Did you call somewhere like IFI? I'm suggesting them because they're national, but I've had better luck talking to people who actually know what they're doing at the smaller local fastener suppliers.

Or make some. Get some steel rod and a couple dies. Cut the heads off some appropriate bolts and weld the shafts together. You might be able to grind the threads off 7/16 threaded rod and rethread some of it to 3/8.

Depends on how many you need, of course. Although if harvesting from scrap saws is an option, you probably don't need many.

Back