Is this a Dolmar in wolf's clothing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made by Dolmar. I just bought 2 Maruyama MCV 51, same as Dolmar 5105.

Attachments

• IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
I only know this because the experienced guys on this site told me.

Ya this has my CAD in full blown overload. I loved my little 192 rear handle but traded it for my 421. Think if this is like a 192 but with dolmar touches on power and starting. This has to be in my shed

No, it's a proprietary Maruyama design.
To the best of my knowledge only the two larger models (MCV4200 and MCV 5100) are made by Makita/Dolmar.
Then that raises the question are they making the ea3100t / ps311tb for makita / dolmar?

Then that raises the question are they making the ea3100t / ps311tb for makita / dolmar?

Maruyama designed it, and until last year all three top handles (Maruyama, Makita and Dolmar) were assembled in the same factory in India, owned by Makita's Indian division. I know last year Makita moved part of their production from India to China so I have no clue where they are made these days.

Maruyama designed it, and until last year all three top handles (Maruyama, Makita and Dolmar) were assembled in the same factory in India, owned by Makita's Indian division. I know last year Makita moved part of their production from India to China so I have no clue where they are made these days.
Thanks you . Now I wonder if it is any good. Lol

FWIW I have a PS-32 which my dealer said was made in their China factory and at least externally the fit and quality is excellent. I certainly have no complaints about the saw.

Thanks you . Now I wonder if it is any good. Lol

I have one of the newer, homeowner-grade Echo brushcutters. "Assembled in China from imported components" says the hefty owner's manual. It has never ever missed a beat and it has done a lot of clearing work it wasn't designed to do.
Granted, it's not as brick latrine tough as the Made in Japan Shindaiwa but I really cannot complain about it.

I'm not as concerned with where a saw is assembled if it's from a well known/respected brand like Dolmar or Echo as one would assume they have quality controls in place. Which is a different story versus when you are buying cheap AM parts from Asia you pretty much know you are taking chances on quality.

Not quite sure where the info "made in india/china" came from but all chainsaws higher than the p35 are made in Hamburg/Germany, as far as I know.

Dealer/AS members have said the small Dolmars are made in China.
Exactly,that is also what I said, the models ps32 are supposed to be manufactured in china. I am not sure about the models ps35, but the ps350 and above are supposed to be manufactured all in hamburg/germany.

Latest posts

Back