Is this a fair price for a 361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without any real haggling, a local Stihl dealer shot me a price of $570 for a new 361. Is this a good price or can I do better?

Not too bad, I just picked one up for $579 with a 25" B&C in the Seattle area. He to just shot me a price when I was checking out, didn't feel like trying to play games negotiating, but he gave me a discount without asking. The Hanging tag said $619, or so.

I have been interested in giving a 361 a go since every raves about them. I was in a local saw shop (not my normal shop) and they said $535 with a 20" bar. They claimed it was just dollars over cost. My dealer had already given me a better price....

I have been interested in giving a 361 a go since every raves about them. I was in a local saw shop (not my normal shop) and they said $535 with a 20" bar. They claimed it was just dollars over cost. My dealer had already given me a better price....

A buddy of mine was talking to a Stihl dealer today that told him that 260 pros were marked up $80. Based on this I would say that $535 is pretty close to cost and one heck of a deal. If your regular dealer offered you a 361 for less than this you better jump on it before he changes his mind.

When i bought mine in August, it was 600 out the door. no tax farm use, and came with a free xtra chain, and i was very pleased with the deal.

A buddy of mine was talking to a Stihl dealer today that told him that 260 pros were marked up $80. Based on this I would say that $535 is pretty close to cost and one heck of a deal. If your regular dealer offered you a 361 for less than this you better jump on it before he changes his mind.

I was very impressed just walking in off the street, no haggling to get a price of $535.
I have a great relationship with my dealer, my grandfather did business with them, my father does and now I have been for almost two decades. I was in the other dealer because it is also a rental shop.

Around here they are asking $619 when I called with a 20" bar. Wish I could get below 600 ill try to talk them down.

Back