Is this a proper wedding gift?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job on the rebuild. If I thought someone would give me a saw like that I would get re-married as an excuse! Guns, knives, specific tools and chainsaws are gifts that last and are kept forever. Even my wife would appreciate that gift: Warm house in winter=happy wife. Good job.

Hey frenchie4x4 , Welcome aboard , I should have met your daughter before I got married :laugh::laugh: .

Bowtie ,I'm married , can I call you buddy ? I'd of been happy with a poulan over the four dozen wine glasses that won't hold a proper pint of beer .

:cheers::cheers:

First of all, I'd like to say nice work. The saw looks great and anyone would be proud to have and use it. Second, heck yeah it's a proper wedding gift! Your friend knew what he wanted/needed when the issue came up and gave you his honest answer. Lastly, and I'm not complaining here (am I?) I didn't get anything and "The Princess" got everything all those years ago. I may have gotten a bottle of Jack, but I can't remember. Maybe that's why.:) There has to be an even or somewhat even split regarding gifts especially when you consider a newlywed couple's needs. Great job, great useful gift, and a great friend! Best, Max.

:clap:

Spot on! If your wife decided to get them tupperware or something, it'd be a non issue. I think that is a more thoughtful gift than anyone will be giving them.

Wow, nice gift there, Bowtie. I know how much you like those 034's so that's especially nice coming from you! Somebody rep the man for me.

when my brother's daughter got married he bought them usual wedding and 'stuff' and also an air compressor for 'them'. Told the new son in law that 99% of wedding stuff is bride and house, this was for the man.
So good for you.

That is a great gift. Very useful to them in setting up and running a home. I'm sure his wife will like it just as much as he does, even if in a different way.

Mr. HE:cool:

when my brother's daughter got married he bought them usual wedding and 'stuff' and also an air compressor for 'them'. Told the new son in law that 99% of wedding stuff is bride and house, this was for the man.
So good for you.

Yeah, why shouldn't things be split more 50/50? Half the stuff for the "house" and half for the "shop". :givebeer:

Wow, nice gift there, Bowtie. I know how much you like those 034's so that's especially nice coming from you! Somebody rep the man for me.

Yes i do love 034's that why I chose this one for zack. He has been a good friend in my dark days, so I want to give him the right saw and do the best I can for him. Thank all of you for your replies and input. These kids show the signs of being a great couple!!!

Nice work Bowtie...has to feel good, and will mean alot to your buddy that you resurrected that saw then gave it to him.

Yes i do love 034's that why I chose this one for zack. He has been a good friend in my dark days, so I want to give him the right saw and do the best I can for him. Thank all of you for your replies and input. These kids show the signs of being a great couple!!!

If his wife will appreciate the gesture from you to THEM, then it is an appropriate gift. Otherwise, if you value their marriage and friendship give HIM the saw and get the COUPLE a gift.

Those that complain about gifts that they have received at wedding(s), people that give crappy gifts were most likely there for the booze and or an obligation to those other than you. The gift can speak volumes to how long you will be involved in the couple's life.

Last edited:
Looks good. However, I would turn the bar right side up or buy a new bar.
Nice gift.

When my best friend got married, I got them a gift and found him a MEC shotshell reloader in a local trade paper. Forgot about that (almost 20 years ago). Then when I finally got married, they got us a gift, and he got me a new pair of snake boots. Completely caught me off guard, b/c like I said, I forgot about that "extra" gift I got him. It will be greatly appreciated, and remembered for a long time, I am sure. This is something that will just make your friendship even stronger ( it is all those little things that you remember).

Your a great friend to have! That would be a nice gift to give or receive.
If I gave a saw to most of my friends. They most likely would kill them selfs within the first half hour of use. :monkey:

:cheers:

LOL!!!! I sure hope that doesnt happen. I cant wait to see his eyes when I give him that saw, that alone is worth all the time and cost of fixing it.

Back