Is this an easy decision?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merrellroofing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Central Boiler 6048 for $8030
Natures Comfort 325 for $7980
You get a few more pieces with the NCB(1 pump and maybe a couple others)
For the little price difference wouldn't you get the Cadillac

I just paid $8600 for a 6048 delivered and set on my pad. Came with 2 lengths of stack, 2 gal water treatment, and rain/spark arrester cap. Sounds like a good price on it.

check out the classified section, click on "firewood related"..
there's a guy just south of you that has a 6048 2 yrs old he's trying to part with, might be able to work out a deal ??

How much are they new? I thought they were around $8000 for a new one.

Where is the best place to look for a wood stove, in particular this size? We are looking to upgrade to a 6048 ourselves.

Well, I think the NCB is out but I saw a HAWKEN 2100 in action last night and I might consider it since it is $2000 cheaper. I have read all the scary things about them so maybe not. I am having trouble pulling the trigger.

check out a gassifier

I looked at everything there was available and went with a natures comfort gassifier, about 1k cheaper than a 6048 and burns far less wood. I have two friends that have 6048's and they spend all there free time trying to keep up with them cutting wood. It is really unbelievable how much heat you can get out of a little wood in the gassification process. I have the GT-220 model heating about 4500 square feet in two seperate buildings and my dhw. I've burned between 6-7 cords this year in Mich. Portage and main is another really good stove but a little pricey!

Of course a gassifier would be good for less wood but I am not sure I will be able to stay ahead of it to dry wood sufficiently. How much extra maintenance is really involved with a gasser?

Of course a gassifier would be good for less wood but I am not sure I will be able to stay ahead of it to dry wood sufficiently. How much extra maintenance is really involved with a gasser?

My empyer pro200 has no more maintenance to it than a regular burner, other than cleaning the tubes with a little chimmy looking brush every 2.5 weeks which takes all of five min. to do...Anyone looking at getting a burner now should really look at the gassers the others are all on there way out...tax credits make them even a little cheaper than a reg. unit...Not to mention all the leg. against the non gassers comming up in the future...just my opion...Lol besides the fact ya burn much less wood...
:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back