is this professional ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this tree has been left like this sence the first of oct ! its about 5 yards from the trail. this is in nor cal in lassen national forest they were doing a dangerous tree felling grant . its just qrazy what they get away with that we cant! my club takes care of these trails its a ohv area and i love clearing trails with my saws! just wanted to see what other people thought of there work

this tree has been left like this sence the first of oct ! its about 5 yards from the trail. this is in nor cal in lassen national forest they were doing a dangerous tree felling grant . its just qrazy what they get away with that we cant! my club takes care of these trails its a ohv area and i love clearing trails with my saws! just wanted to see what other people thought of there work
no hold wood on the hinge of stumps-tree left unfinished. "nough said. prior pic looke like lots of plunge cuts from a small saw/bar-

dooby plunge cuts is what it look like to me to! this isnt no firewood guys this wood will be left where it lies forever!!!!!!! its really sad and i think the forest service should awnser!

not my dept. Class A-C cutters for the Govt. have always caused me great stress. nothing should ever be left that will cause a safety concern for others. imho.

dooby plunge cuts is what it look like to me to! this isnt no firewood guys this wood will be left where it lies forever!!!!!!! its really sad and i think the forest service should awnser!

Well then, instead of trying to get an "awnser" on the internet, call the FS office and actually talk to somebody if you are actually concerned about safety. Otherwise, they'll never know.

Also, how would you get that "firewood" out if it is on a trail? Build a road in? Haul in a skidder?

Oh my...I understand that removing road/trailside hazards where there is no serious traffic is a loved way how to get some practice and into bigger timber, but hell, those who do that shall be kinda judicious about capabilities of their own and their equipment. The photo may be misleading sizewise, but I see 28"-36" stumps chewed by 15" bar. Good fun for a "pissing contest" of those who know their $hit and consider tape racing boring on that day ( :rolleyes: ), but this is absolutely unacceptable-at least in my neck of woods. No way to leave half cut tree standing, no flagging at all and not cutting it down right on next sunrise in a production unit. No way to leave such a tree anywhere else... To leave a comb of fiberpull on the stump is definitely not a pro manner-somebody trips and ends up with splinters in the neck, so probably dead...

The series of plunge cuts on that rotten punk is going into gold division of WTF/how not to cut down a tree. Good example for students...

It's ugly work. The one half dead tree that was cut into is not very safe either.

This tree has been left like this since the first of Oct! It's about 5 yards from the trail. This is in Nor Cal in the Lassen National Forest. They were doing a dangerous tree felling grant. It's just crazy what they get away with that we can't! My club takes care of these trails, it's an OHV area. I love clearing trails with my saws! I just wanted to see what other people thought of their work

If it is legal to do so then clean up after these guys. Cut off the splinters and drop the standing tree that was partially cut. If you are not positive regarding the legality then speak to the forest staff. Either way document your findings and give them these pics also.

Let's not move it to Firewood. This looks like one of three things: poorly-managed trail clearing/contract administration, poorly managed fireline clearing/felling bossing, or plain old vandalism. Either way, the standing damaged trees have got to come down if they're able to fall across a trail.

If I say a bad thing about firewood, they will come here.:laugh:

On getting hold of FS people, be patient. It is the time of year when folks are using up their use or lose vacation time so bodies will be scarce. Ask for the Timber Sale Administrator because they are usually one of the few working this time of year. They might be able to get word to the person in charge.

Here we go....I find firewood cutters to be well, annoying to deal with.

Wait, wait....

Latest posts

Back