Is this spark arrestor restrictive? Pics included

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I presume that is 6/99 dollars For less than a litre of bar oil That's expensive

That's probably about the going rate for that size of name brand bar oil.

IIRC, at Lowe's it is $5.99 for a Quart/Liter of Husqvarna Bar Oil, but only about $11.99 for a Gallon, the smaller quantities get expensive pretty quickly the smaller you get.

Same thing with the Two Stroke Oil, the same bottles measured for a Gallon mix of fuel are pretty spendy for the amount of oil, the 2.5 Gallon Mix size bottles aren't very much more, the quart size gets very reasonable in comparison.

In a lot of the places where people shop for that kind of thing in the Big Box Stores like Lowe's, and Home Depot, a lot of the customers only need small quantities, where a Gallon of Mixed fuel and a quart of Bar Oil is likely to last them longer than you would want to keep a gallon of mixed fuel on the shelf.

For the average home owner with a Big Box bought "Wild Thang" dealing with occasional trimming and storm clean up, a Wild Thing a quart of Canned premix fuel and a quart of bar oil, is all they need, for serious Firewood cutters, or Professional Loggers or Tree Service workers, it wood;) Break them cost wise.

For some, it is just what they need, or even more than they need, and buying more wood be a waste of money, but not nearly as expensive as NOT buying any at all;):)

Doug :cheers:

Nice! As far as that screen goes, I was wondering if there were any small gains to be had without opening up the muffler. A few years ago I uncrimped another muffler, gutted it and opened up the exit hole a bunch. It didn’t really seem to cut any different but was ear splitting loud. So I ended up getting another stock muffler.
Get rid of the screen ... here’s what a 362cm can do with custom tube exhaust ...

I know it. I only use it with that long bar to keep it from getting too hot, because replacing the bar is hard on one's wallet.
Never have been involved in buying mix or bar oil in small quantities& getting our mix/ bar oil from a small independent oil blenders (Ex ELF)& now more into karts & micro light aircraft as the bike 2smoke is almost extinct our oil for mix is equiv to Elf HTX 975 & bar oil comes tackfier free with a quantity of tacifier to add as required the cost is in the 4euro's for mix & 2 & shrapnel for bar oil per litre what is the advantage of the pictured oil over standard bar oil ?

what is the advantage of the pictured oil over standard bar oil ?
I asked my STIHL Tech for advice on my MS 362 bar/chain oiling problem. He handed me a bottle of this oil. The bar and chain love it. Haven't found another local store that has a oil of this caliber at any cost. This is thinner than standard oil. So it works better with my stingy STIHL Oiler to provide enough oil on the bar to prevent over heating. I'd run standard oil if STIHL would install a higher volume Oil Pump.
IMG_0811.JPG

If the only advantage is easier flowing surey a % of atf or diesel would be a solution easier on the wallet Again if Stihl installed a fit for purpose oiler the problem wouldn't exsist However whatever you are happy with
Thank you. I'll just continue using what works. At 75 yrs young, convenience holds top priority in most situations.:hi::yes::drinkingcoffee:

Arh you are not going to pull the age card on me I can give you 7 years start I'll be 83in the not to distant future :blob2::blob2:
Well; if U didn't already know how to mix your own oil, I'd gladly loan U some of mine.
Weather is getting nice and cool here, and I don't have any excuse to hold off cleaning up around here.
nice log.jpg

[QUOTE="Sagetown, post: 6696861, member: 59658"]Mud Daubers. They get into everything .[/QUOTE]

North East Oklahoma area.
I do constant battle with them daubers. I have seen many instances where a little measley mud dauber's nest took down large equipment causing gears and chains to break. I have to screen my electric motors and any place not protected by covering or screening is usually caked with mud nests. They are worse if you live close to a lake or ponds. (mud is readily available)
Insect repellents does little to repel them long term. Just have to try to keep them from gaining entrance to the eq.

There is also another little bitty cousin to the dauber that will pack what looks like white hard dried paper into small holes of equipment. They seem to like to plug a hole that is about 1/4 inch in diameter.

Probably ordinary window type screening, @farmer steve . That's a clever idea for my drill press motor. I forget to cover it , and them daubers take every advantage of it too.
Hey Larry. Check you 362 and see if you can see thru the screen. Slocars looks like there is something in the screen itself.

No, no there is nothing in the screen. It’s perfectly clear! I just put it up against a white piece of paper as I was asked to.

I figured with it being up against the paper it would make it easier to see how big the openings were in the screen

Latest posts

Back