is this to much to charge?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enjoys cutting

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i was hired to help a guy do some wood cutting.we sawed split piled in a trailor and stacked the wood at his house,about a 4 hr job.i used my saw and gas towed the splitter with my truck.just wondering if 20$ an hour was to much? don't know what to charge?
thanks

No thats cheap. To cut and split wood with your own equipment should be $40 and hour. Otherwise I would hire you full time to cut wood for me and sell the wood. Thats a fair price what you did, maybe as a "help someone out price"

Dave

I have never charged by the hour to cut for someone, but that seems fair/cheap IMO.

I sell my wood in my shortbed Dodge for 50 bucks thrown in. If it's stacked in the bed, it's 65. It's alot of work to charge any less than that. And the fuel will kill you these days.

For that kind of work and that kind of price I would hire you every weekend:laugh: I have a trailer load of wood out there right now that needs split & stacked....

Latest posts

Back