Is this worth fixing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higs2013

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg So I put a new bar and chain on my Huskie 359 saw today and I was out cutting and all of a sudden the saw revved and the chain stopped spinning. I took the cover off the blade and the clutch fell off and I noticed the main drive shaft had sheared off. My question is, is this worth fixing? I myself do not have the ability to do it so I'm looking to have to bring it to a shop.so I thinking a minimum of 200 bucks right there. The saw is about 8 years old and the motor still cranks. To replace with the same saw I priced at the dealer today is 550, any thoughts would be appreciated.:mad:

If you are paying somone it is not worth fixing, If you would like to try it yourself it is worth fixing. You may be able to find someone local to help you out and show you how to fix it. Ask for some help thats what this place is for....
or you can sell me the broken saw....

If you are paying somone it is not worth fixing, If you would like to try it yourself it is worth fixing. You may be able to find someone local to help you out and show you how to fix it. Ask for some help thats what this place is for....
or you can sell me the broken saw....

+1.

With the exception that he should sell the broken saw to me. :D

First off, thanks for all the insight guys it is very much appreciated. So a little status update, from all the guys saying that it can be fixed I think I am going to get the saw fixed. However I am going to make it my second saw, I have been tossing the idea around for a few months of upgrading to an xp huskie. Now this is just going to push me to spend the money. As far as having it fixed under warranty, I bought the saw secondhand years back so I'm not sure if it would even be covered I guess I dill have to check it out. eiklj, I can't thank you enough for offering to help me out with getting it fixed, I will start a conversation with you on the side and we can see about getting it done. Luckily I got a little overtime at work today, so I will be able to poney up to go get the new saw. I will keep you guys updated, thanks again.

Yep. If still under warranty I would have a dealer fix it.
Dat thing won't be under warranty, it's been out o' production too long fo' sure.

Yup I would take Arrowheads advice and look for a parts saw.

I seldom buy parts (except seals bearings rings perhaps a piston etc)

I always go for a parts saw and usually they end up as runners?

Back