MS 391 worth fixing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floridafeller

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a MS 391 that was given to me that is missing all the plastic covers including the handle molding as well as the muffler and chain tensioner. I priced the parts from a local retailer at around $330. No luck finding a boneyard with the parts yet. I was able to crank it easily but only ran it for a few seconds. Seemed to run very well. Looking in the exhaust port the cylinder looks to be in great shape. Is it worth $330 to fix it? If not are there any resources where I can get quality or used parts for a price that makes it worth it? I also have a MS 260 pro that is only missing the filter cover and muffler. It has some light scoring on the cylinder but runs well.

I have a bunch of these parts from a scrapped MS391 (customer straight gassed it). Let me know where you live and I can try to find pricing to ship reasonably

I found a MS311 parts saw for $80 locally here in LA (Lower Alabama we call it but actually Florida Panhandle) No threads for the spark plug is all that's wrong with it as far as I can tell. It was not complete however. All I'm missing now is the filter cover and muffler.

Back