It"s my anniversary here on A.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dapper Dan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A year ago today I had three chainsaws.

I have become....intoxicated....with internal combustion engines.

Especially with Outdoor Power Equipment.

Lets see....14 chainsaws....two Stihl string trimmers.....an 8200 watt Snapper generator...A honda 5.5 HP pressure washer....and four John Deere Riding tractors (455, two 400's and a 140)...three of which are antiques....two of which I have completly restored. (the 400's) Plus....my ongoing Tim the Tool Guy Logsplitter project (click on my sig line).

This is not to mention the 2001 Jeep Gran Cherokee...1977 Ford 4wd F-150 (snow plow)....1999 4wd Dodge Ram (32000 miles)...1994 F-150 4wd (300 6, 5 speed, wood hauler))...2002 Gran caravan....1991 Plymouth Mini van (Woodie)....1997 Pontiac Gran Prix (daughters car) 2000 Yamaha Golf cart (no, I don't golf) and 1984 700 cc Honda Shadow (3249 original miles)

That's thirty two (32) internal combustion engines I am taking care of.

Thank God for the Internet and sites like this one. (and others)

Have a question......google it and....there ya go!

Many thanks to all of you here at A.S.
Thanks to you I can maintain, tune, modify (minor) my saws myself as well as...finally....sharpen my own chains.

As well as C.A.D. I think I suffer from O.M.S. (Old man Snydrome).
My theory is...the older we get the bigger power tools we get to make up for....our waning manhood. :)

Ya, well, that and 1.27$ will get ya a cup of coffee. J/K Dan, glad you are here and I enjoy most of your posts!!! :cheers: :cheers:

I know its not the same but yesterday was my 16th wedding anniversary.My wife said I like tinkering more with saws than spending time with her.:dizzy:

You didnt need to get your hair styled and shave just for the occasion.

Lets see....14 chainsaws....two Stihl string trimmers.....an 8200 watt Snapper generator...A honda 5.5 HP pressure washer....and four John Deere Riding tractors (455, two 400's and a 140)...three of which are antiques....two of which I have completly restored. (the 400's) Plus....my ongoing Tim the Tool Guy Logsplitter project (click on my sig line).

This is not to mention the 2001 Jeep Gran Cherokee...1977 Ford 4wd F-150 (snow plow)....1999 4wd Dodge Ram (32000 miles)...1994 F-150 4wd (300 6, 5 speed, wood hauler))...2002 Gran caravan....1991 Plymouth Mini van (Woodie)....1997 Pontiac Gran Prix (daughters car) 2000 Yamaha Golf cart (no, I don't golf) and 1984 700 cc Honda Shadow (3249 original miles)

Thanks to you I can maintain, tune, modify (minor) my saws myself as well as...finally....sharpen my own chains.

My theory is...the older we get the bigger power tools we get to make up for....our waning manhood. :)

So you obviously were NOT one of the major factors contributing to the world economic downturn. You probably single-handedly delayed the recession for 6 months. Now, a serious question...are you having a mid-life crisis?

Last edited:
I've been on here a year and one day. And I went from owning no chainsaws to owning and rebuilding several.

In the past year I've owned/own
McCulloch Pro Mac 1000, Pro Mac 650, 2- Power Mac 6 saws
Homelite 5-20, 2 Zips and a Super XL
Jonsered 2165 Turbo
Dolmar PS7900
Echo 300EVL, 610EVL Twin Cylinder
Stihl S-10, 08S, 2-026's, 034, 031, 028 Super, 056 Mag2, 044, MS440, 064, 066, 2-084's, MS361, MS310

So DD, if you had to replace all of your spark plugs at once, how many would it be?:jawdrop:

Happy anniversary!!!:clap:

"So DD, if you had to replace all of your spark plugs at once, how many would it be?"

78...if I counted right.:)

Gonna go cut some firewood today!

Last edited:

dan you done better than i have im almost to that year point as well but guess how many i have 0 unless you factor in the replacement parts for them then i outnumber everyone lol

I just missed my second anniversary on Thursday. 5200 posts???!!!! Something's wrong with me:cheers:. They tell me it's called CAD!

LOLOL!!!! Me too I missed mine last Month 4900 + post and too many saws to list any more!!!!!

This CAD is serious bidness!!!!!:greenchainsaw: :monkey: :cry: :cheers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not bad for a mornings work...huh?

Back