It's a Pacific Northwest thing... you wouldn't understand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to visit during those 2 weeks of sunshine you guys have in the summer, but there's no way I'd live there. Rain upon rain upon rain is depressing. I've heard you've got the highest suicide rate in the nation up there and I think I just might end up a statistic.

Ian

I'd love to visit during those 2 weeks of sunshine you guys have in the summer, but there's no way I'd live there. Rain upon rain upon rain is depressing. I've heard you've got the highest suicide rate in the nation up there and I think I just might end up a statistic.

Ian

we need people like you:greenchainsaw:

Ian

Actually you get used to it. Usually around here we have lots of good weather. But where I am in Victoria, is a unusual place for strange weather. We usually have great summers. Just a few days ago, I was cutting my inlaws grass, and in the scope of an hour the weather changed from sun to rain to hail/snow to rain, then to sun again.

Last edited:
Slowp, your gonna have to change that avatar if you want people to believe that bull you guys are shovel’n about the weather out there. Or was that picture taken on a vacation to the Swiss Alps?? :laugh:

:cheers:

Here is one that I made into my avatar...

attachment.php

And I was thinking my oaks were big. That is a tree right there. Just once I would like to tip over something like that. :cheers:

Can these saws be put these saws in order?

Hi Forum!! Happy Easter!

Can the following saws be put in order of cutting performance. I mean already felled hardwood timber (oak, beech, etc). WEIGHT IS NOT AN ISSUE. Let's assume we're using a 24" bar to go through up to 36" - 42" wood. (diameter)

372xp
385xp
441mag
390xp
460mag
660mag
395xp thanks a bunch! Jon :cheers:

hehehehehehe

Hah! I forgot. Ice fishing. There's maybe 2 lakes and they might freeze or not. I went ice fishing on Roses Lake, above Chelan as a kid and was bored and cold. Nope, you are accustomed to a different winter lifestyle, wouldn't work for you to move here. Ice fishing is a cultural thing back there, but not here. Our weather is too fickle. I lived on Lake Superior for 2 years and I couldn't get enthused about ice fishing. I'm thinking it is an upbringing thing.
We have skiing in the Cascade Concrete to take part in, and snowmobiling except you can't go just anywhere on your sled either. Nope, you wouldn't be happy out here. And we also take part in a sport called Planning a Trip to Get Somewhere Where There Is Sun In The Winter. You better stay in the East.:cheers:

I hate ice fishin' dude. Once in a while cause I love eating winter perch is a must... I ride snowboard all winter, and love riding snowmobiles. Have a few buddies that build'em to do well into the mid-100's. Idiots if you ask me, but hey, if they like it eh? Superior is a super dirty lake i think, I hope you didn't eat anything out of there, lol...

:cheers: eh?

Try using Dudette. About a month ago, there was an article about our high lakes being polluted. We get all the deadly air from China here. Another reason not to move here. Oh, our weather forecast for today doesn't just mention rain, it mentions snow also. Another tin pants day.

Last edited:
yip

Does it mention 10 degrees and 50mph winds?? With ice and snow later on??? Well... Guess it's nicer there eh? Sadly enough, until all the stuff was put in place, the adirondaks suffered from everything the west coast was doing, acid rain, high levels of pollutants come from the west polluted nearly everything here because of the prevailing winds on the earth. Guess your not as bad off as you think. But thanks to west coast we feel everything done there here. I believe it's primarily California that causes the pollutants, smog and whatnot, to come this way... heheheheheehee

Sorry bout that slowp, dudette...

:)

I'll move the story to here.

I was giggling yesterday most of the way back in. I had some spare time earlier in the day, so headed in a two track road and started cutting brush and small trees out of it. Yesterday was the day before elk season started and the hunters were everywhere, setting up camps. It was quitting time so I threw Twinkle (the 440) back in the truck box and started out. I met a pickup pulling a travel trailer on the two track so I started backing up. We came to a spot that I hadn't cut yet and their trailer wouldn't fit under the trees. So, I walked up and asked, "your saw or mine?" They didn't have a saw. I told them I'd put my gear back on and cut the trees out and would appreciate it if they yarded the slash out of the road. I dug Twinkle out, and heard the comment, "That's a big bar!" (it is a mere 28 inches). There was no comment about the lack of a full wrap handle. I was hoping Twinkle would run well, didn't want to mess up with an audience watching. Twinkle started on the first pull and the trees were down and bucked up in seconds, much to my amazement. I shut her off and pulled out my earplugs. The hunters mouths were hanging open. One of them said, "Gawd I wish I had a fun job like yours." I loaded up and took off....giggling because I usually get waved over by hunters and when they see who I am, they start asking questions like Aren't you afraid of: (choose the following)
A. Cougars
B. Working alone in the woods
C. Getting lost
D. Evil people
C. Everything else.
It was a good day!:clap:
And I've seen nothing but grouse and hunters and loggers all week.

Here's a story about flatlanders (I'm a C-PA ridgerunner). In October 2 yuppy types were practice shooting their guns (a 375H&H, & a 458 Win Mag). We heard them going off on our land no-less, around the 2nd lunch we see 1 fool beat-feeting down to our landing yelling to call 911. We don't have phones on site, it turns out he shot his buddy in the leg w/ the 458 w/ a solid.
The next week both their lawyers were on site w/ every fed agency you can think of to see how many laws we were not observing (based on the no phone issue).Well we passed & the Bull was beyond mad, he said that even though he was Amish, he might take the yuppies & their lawyers to court for wasting a full day. (To his credit he didn't).
I still don't know what they were going to hunt w/ their guns.

Back