Its a Small World

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowa

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So a few days ago I get an email inquiring about my log splitter that is for sale. We exchange #s and text a bit. I find out he works across the road from where I work. We schedule to meet today so he can check out my splitter. When he arrives today its HEDGEROW!! The one and only!

Was nice meeting you Hedgerow!

So a few days ago I get an email inquiring about my log splitter that is for sale. We exchange #s and text a bit. I find out he works across the road from where I work. We schedule to meet today so he can check out my splitter. When he arrives today its HEDGEROW!! The one and only!

Was nice meeting you Hedgerow!

Matt's one of the good guys,I see him at gtg's at least twice a year.

What no pic of the splitter? You gonna show off your fancy furnace to him.

I've made some great friends on this site. It takes all kind, but I find more guys here that got their head straight. Wood heat, four wheel drives, saws, guns, family, dogs, food. It is what makes life what it is.
:flag:

I've made some great friends on this site. It takes all kind, but I find more guys here that got their head straight. Wood heat, four wheel drives, saws, guns, family, dogs, food. It is what makes life what it is.

I always felt that's how life was supposed to be, and those that abandoned those things were on a very unfulfilled path. When I got older, life confirmed those thoughts.

Here's to you one and all that's not afraid to get their hands dirty and pull their own weight and then some. :cheers:

No 4wd here, sorry, after you go 6x6 you just can't go back. Also you forgot beer, whiskey, and woman.

I too thought hedgerow had a ss, after he sang its praises so much I guess I just assumed he had one and had used the heck out of it???

He didn't have one, but after running mine a couple time, he sure wanted one!

Yeah, we set up a test at the GTG in Jasper last fall, and I brought a couple knotty pieces of Hedge and some Elm to give it a workout... The SS did fantastic, and was fast about getting it done... They are the real deal... But I decided I would have to eventually get both... The Hydro Iowa built got me thinking, then after discussing it with him, we decided it would be cool to just build one from scratch... And It will be ORANGE!!! And weigh a freaking ton!!!
But I will be able to haul it at hwy speeds to WI at least once if not twice a year for charity cuts with the Sconnie clan...

And yes, I wanna race!!!
The 540 is in the stump shack right now...
You are in soooooo much trouble Don...
:msp_sneaky:
I'm gonna kick Levi's butt too....
:hmm3grin2orange:

Steel for the blocks and wedges should be ready to pick up Monday..
Gonna be heavy!!!
Electric start 13hp motor should be in next week also...
:rock:

Yeah, we set up a test at the GTG in Jasper last fall, and I brought a couple knotty pieces of Hedge and some Elm to give it a workout... The SS did fantastic, and was fast about getting it done... They are the real deal... But I decided I would have to eventually get both... The Hydro Iowa built got me thinking, then after discussing it with him, we decided it would be cool to just build one from scratch... And It will be ORANGE!!! And weigh a freaking ton!!!
But I will be able to haul it at hwy speeds to WI at least once if not twice a year for charity cuts with the Sconnie clan...

And yes, I wanna race!!!
The 540 is in the stump shack right now...
You are in soooooo much trouble Don...
:msp_sneaky:
I'm gonna kick Levi's butt too....
:hmm3grin2orange:
I was thinking of racing splitters. :laugh:

But I do like racing saws!!!

I'm a little confused... Iowa why are you in Billings MO? :wink:

Where are the pics of the splitter? My neighbor has a 160cc Honda splitter from Northern Tool that I have been thinking about buying from him. It's kinda hard to get ahold of when I need it on a nice weekend... Not sure what these things run now to build or buy, but the one at the Iowa GTG that mxracer built made my jaw drop! I'd really like to integrate a couple of his ideas on the northern tool splitter or build my own one of these years...

Latest posts

Back