It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be cool. However, I'm not seeing this universal rule of 40° of primary compression. I've seen too many saws that run stronger when breaking that rule. Others run best like that. I just don't see trying to apply it universally. Again, every saw is an entity unto itself, and built accordingly.

Your right, it can't be applied universally.....there are always gonna be exceptions.

The 661 is a totally different transfer/case volume design from the MS660 that allows a long intake duration.......and I think it needs more case compression.

I'm just exploring all possibilities here.

I think the 395 piston might just work.

Can you post the measurements of the 661 and 395 for everyone? I have the mag2 piston info below.

Total height 43mm
Comp height 23mm
pin 12mm
pin boss width 15.4mm
skirt width 35.5mm

Thin rings, too.
20150116_135804.jpg

Your right, it can't be applied universally.....there are always gonna be exceptions.

The 661 is a totally different transfer/case volume design from the MS660 that allows a long intake duration.......and I think it needs more case compression.

I'm just exploring all possibilities here.
I'm down with that:clap:. I applaud you for testing it.

Maybe I better check my piston and the box it's in.

i wouldn't want to go higher than 200 psi you might see detonation and pinging with that much compression.

And who are all these customers?

I never see any of them post a word about your opinions.

Just sayin......

We all have "customers" and "cheerleaders". Why do you keep posting that?

Is there something you'd like to just say straight out? :popcorn2:

I'm installing the jug with the built up intake now.

I'm not planning to epoxy the intake on every 661 I build. Like Brad has said, the gains we can get with the intake at 85* are very good.......I'm just looking for the better.
Curiosity got the better of me. So I had a crack at welding a jug up.
Gotta say it's a buggar to get in there properly!!

Ground and stoned back. The nikasil looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back