It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So that just leaves the 880 and 461 as the only pro saws w/o M-Tronic. If they follow the design of the 661, they should not be too far off, then perhaps a slimmer/lighter 441 ...

Also will be interesting to see what the 572 Husky is like.
Mike, I spoke with a Stihl Rep. several months ago and he stated there were no plans for mtronics on the 461. That could change but that was the latest I was told.

Granted I am wearing creamsickle goggles while I'm drooling over this thread again but, this saw looks to be a really nice, dare I say perfect blend of heritage/old school design and new tech. This thing looks like a 660 and a 390xp made a baby. Kinda like a 3 series husky but with Stihl's quality touches. I can't wait to get my paws on one as I'm really digging this new platform.

Silliness...

I'll be staying old school till I run outta parts saws, or somebody gives me an M-tronic....
:D It might be silly, but the upgraded top end on the 461 vs. the 460/046 was simply a stop gap for emissions reasons. The rest of the saw is 20 year old technology...essentially the same age as the 066.

:D It might be silly, but the upgraded top end on the 461 vs. the 460/046 was simply a stop gap for emissions reasons. The rest of the saw is 20 year old technology...essentially the same age as the 066.

Which is why im against em. None of em made today have the wow factor of a 288xp, or early 064/066 to me. I'd bet that all the saws in North America don't put out the emmissions that one old kenworth makes in the same time frame...

And.... I can make the old saws run. I don't have to buy a carb for a brand new saw cause I can't tune it, and hope the new carb works... Bologna!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back