It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no need for a 661 class saw, but the big breakthrough, at least in my mind ... it is the first M-Tronic saw that did not add weight or bulk, and the power did not remain the same, it increased.

Most Autotune saws are also heavier than the saws they replace.

I think that is why the 372 and 461 still don't have modern electronic control.

I'm hopeful that the Tech advances in the 661 will work their way through the entire Stihl lineup.

I have no need for a 661 class saw, but the big breakthrough, at least in my mind ... it is the first M-Tronic saw that did not add weight or bulk, and the power did not remain the same, it increased.

Most Autotune saws are also heavier than the saws they replace.

I think that is why the 372 and 461 still don't have modern electronic control.

I'm hopeful that the Tech advances in the 661 will work their way through the entire Stihl lineup.
How much do you think a microcontroller, a handful of surface mount electronic components, a couple of wires and connectors and a fuel solenoid weigh? The reason it didn't get heavier is because it's still not strato, and for some reason many saws get a a lot heavier when they add that - although I think that is lame as there's no reason it should add much weight. These days they even cheese on the extra air valve so there is no excuse.

One of the larger Husky saws was made both with and w/o Autotune, and the Autotune version was heavier. (had similar discussion several months ago).

Also, how did they meet emissions w/o Strato, and is this a trend that will continue? I also think the AV system is a lot more compact than the 441 (for it's size).

squirrel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back