It's here! The M-Tronic MS261C is finally here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If "best" is heavy and clumcy handling - you could be right. Personally, I regard the MS261 as a total flop - it just isn't what a 50cc saw should be....:msp_wink:

Maybe the handler is clumsy in this case....

And FYI, only one of us has spelled that word correctly.

Maybe the handler is clumsy in this case....
And FYI, only one of us has spelled that word correctly.

When your Norwegian is as good as Nikko's English you can make those comments.

If you have been reading much here on A.S. you'd see that his spelling and grammar are better than many of the U.S. born participants. This thread is about chainsaws.

Philbert

When your Norwegian is as good as Nikko's English you can make those comments.

If you have been reading much here on A.S. you'd see that his spelling and grammar are better than many of the U.S. born participants. This thread is about chainsaws.

Philbert

My Norwegian is impeccable......and the 261 is not a clumsy saw. And this is coming from a Husqvarna guy.

Can't wait to see some videos and pictures of it Brad. You did a really really good job on the regular Stihl MS261! I am sure this one will rip too.

If it makes an improvement like it did on the 441 then the 261 will be the best 50cc saw out unless you want to cut 1" twigs all day. A 261 has enough torque that I don't make 2 cuts and throw it back in the truck and run a 70cc saw all day. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Mike, those are not 2" twigs, thats old growth 16th generation, scientifically homoginated liberal "Sideways" planned growth forestry. Im not sure why anyone in those parts has a saw at all...heck a good batch of morning breath would blow those "trees" over. :)

I'm a Diehard Stihl fan, but after running one of Dozerdans ported 346s This 261 would have to be something really,really special to impress me.

I'm a Diehard Stihl fan, but after running one of Dozerdans ported 346s This 261 would have to be something really,really special to impress me.

Or something ported just as well as dozerdans 346...

stock they are both great saws, ported they are both awesome saws....one ported against the other NOT, is not a fair race.

I myself, would like to witness first-hand, a race between a box-stock 261 and one that has been MM'd and ported.

And, I'd like to see two guys who aren't into chainsaws, running them at the same time, through the same log, side by side.

I'm not much of a betting man, but I'd be willing to bet the difference in time would be negligible. Not enough of a difference to justify the time, money and effort spent on the modded saw.

I could be wrong, but if I was right and I wasn't there to see the race myself, I'm quite sure no one would tell me. :msp_wink:

Brad, what is the price difference between the Mtronic and the regular?

Thanks,

Waylan
I don't even know yet, lol. I just said GET IT!:)

Brad, I am near you and willing to drive...where did you order it? I last talked to my local dealer off of Cin-Day Rd. and they told me September...I really, really, really, need a 50cc saw for what I do...really hope the mods go well. Please keep me informed! Russ
Come on over:cheers:

Hope you ordered it express Brad! lol
Most anything I order comes the next day. That's the advantage of having a dealer that orders everday, and Bryan Equipment being just a few miles away, right here in the suburbs of Cincinnati.

A ported 261 is awesome, even without M-Tronic.

I myself, would like to witness first-hand, a race between a box-stock 261 and one that has been MM'd and ported.

And, I'd like to see two guys who aren't into chainsaws, running them at the same time, through the same log, side by side.

I'm not much of a betting man, but I'd be willing to bet the difference in time would be negligible. Not enough of a difference to justify the time, money and effort spent on the modded saw.

I could be wrong, but if I was right and I wasn't there to see the race myself, I'm quite sure no one would tell me. :msp_wink:
That's all been done. I've built the 261 in stages, and showed the improvements along the way.

May your wish be granted. I promise you you'll be amazed at the difference.

Inside the garage? or outside? fastest start up? or fastest in the log?:cheers:

Wonder if there is a difference in the exhaust note?:hmm3grin2orange:

Definately wrong.... no comparison between stock and ported saws (unless something was terribly wrong)

Last edited:

Who's filin' the chains ???? ;)

It actually is horrible in that regard - but each to their own. It would be no fun on here, if everyone agreed on everything! :msp_biggrin::givebeer:

I agree with Niko..... it's fun to pick some and bait the "loyalist". "Brand" remarks are the easiest way to get a rise out of a Stihlhead or a Husq Guy. It makes for a lively conversation when the threads seem to be lack luster on certain occasions. Although, Stihlheads seem to be more sensitive to the "baiting". Some go from being "passionate" to "heated" to easily. It's all in good fun. We all like chainsaws, and talking about chainsaws....... that's why we sit here every night on a internet site closed off from the "real world". Hell, if I was forced to...... I think I could learn to be happy with a Stihl saw or any saw for that matter. Thankfully, I don't have to find out. I just don't care for the "Elitist" mentality that the Stihl brand commands, and is demonstrated by it's fan boys.:potstir: :hmm3grin2orange:

Just having fun guys! No harm... No foul here. :cheers: Ain't trying to start no ****.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back