It's here! The M-Tronic MS261C is finally here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If "best" is heavy and clumsy handling - you could be right. Personally, I regard the MS261 as a total flop - it just isn't what a 50cc saw should be....:msp_wink:

One must consider the source and coming from you ole buddy the above is a compliment. Maybe if it had starting issues, carb and coil issues it would be the ultimate 50cc saw in your book, we know how you love those 50cc saws that have such issues you like to deny and swear its not true, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

One must consider the source and coming from you ole buddy the above is a compliment. Maybe if it had starting issues, carb and coil issues it would be the ultimate 50cc saw in your book, we know how you love those 50cc saws that have such issues you like to deny and swear its not true, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey Tom. Good to see you drop in. Don't be a stranger!

It kinda looks like it slowed down with the timing advanced.

Tony

Not surprising. I haven't timed any of these yet. Oh Rory, where are you?:hmm3grin2orange:

It definitely did. I expected that. It lost about 8%. I think the saw alters timing as well as fuel to tune itself. Back to stock the timing goes.

Hey Tom. Good to see you drop in. Don't be a stranger!

Oh I just peeked in and saw this thread, knew right away ole Troll would be bashing away sure enough, too easy. Poor ole feller had to eat a awful lot of crow with all those issues on those new hot rods from over at camp orange. I guess after swollowing all that embarrassment bashing the other side comes easy, LOLOL

To date the standard 261 has been flawless, steller performer, I've yet to get into one, none have come back for anything, sold about 70-80 of them now.
The M-Tronic has worked great on the 441 and I'm sure it will work just as well on the 261. Will be interesting to see if it will feed your mods Brad, have at it and see what she does, I think it will feed your mods and perform well, little birdie told me so,hehehe

The thing is pretty impressive with just a muffler mod. How much does the squish cut / compression bump add on top of the MM?

Also, can anyone verify that the M-tronic 261 is more impressive with a muffler mod than a standard saw with the same MMod? Is it all in my head?

Average of all cut times. I used light, medium, and heavy pressure to demonstrate the powerband.

MS261
Stock - 3.33
MMd - 2.71
Comp & TA - 2.56
Ported - 1.97

MS261C
Stock - 4.31
MMd - 2.90
Comp - 2.19
Comp & TA - 2.37
Ported - ??

The numbers are really interesting. The stock MS261C numbers are quite a bit lower than the MS261. But, the MS261C gained a lot more from the MM, leveling the playing field. The comp increase made a bigger difference on the MS261C than comp and timing advance on the MS261. Bottom line, this MS261C is an animal with what's already been done to it:rock: Tomorrow will be interesting:)

As it stands now, the ported MS261 is 17% faster than the MS261C with the comp increased. The MS261C is already nearly 50% faster than stock!!! The MS261 was faster stock, leaving the ported MS261 40% faster than stock.

I went back and re-watched the stock MS261C vid. Those knots majorly killed the cuts times.

Last edited:
The MS261C carb cannot feed enough fuel for the mods I make to these saws. I have to feather the throttle to even get it to try to rev up.

[video=youtube_share;Uho54iTSXmU]http://youtu.be/Uho54iTSXmU[/video]

It's hard to consider this a failure though. The saw runs fantastic, nearly like a ported saw, with only Stage 1 mods. You the operator, get a saw that uses less fuel, makes less fumes, and costs you less to mod.

Last edited:
Here's the MS261C ported cylinder on the new MS261. The cylinders are identical, so I simply swapped them. I was wrong last night when I said the rev limiter was kicking in at 13,700. It felt and sounded like it, so I was scared to lean it out. Once the ported cylinder was on the saw, it became obvious that it wasn't limited there. This saw is tuned to 15K RPMs, just like LowVolt's was. I've since turned it back down to 14,500 for break-in.

[video=youtube_share;KTM-ox12QnE]http://youtu.be/KTM-ox12QnE[/video]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back