Its here....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weloveburning

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The new wood furnace finally got here. We burned our first fire in it last night.

100_0399.gif

Thanks guys. We are extremely happy with the Furnace.

I've got her going right now. Nice red coals in the bottom and wonderful heat being piped to every room in the house.

Nice looking set up! Looks clean.

Just curious about the burn times you are averaging with you stove and what are the temps outside? Is this your primary source of heat?

Chris

Nice looking set up! Looks clean.

Just curious about the burn times you are averaging with you stove and what are the temps outside? Is this your primary source of heat?

Chris

I'm still trying to regulate the heat coming out of this thing. We have not turned on the LP furnace at all this year, so its our primary source of heat.

Burn time is pretty good. When I go to bed, between 10:30 and 11 pm, I stuff the box, after raking out the coals. Its usually ready for more wood around 5:30 - 6am. The house is still at around 72 degrees in the morning.

The problem that I'm having, is the heat will get up to around 79 in here in the evenings. So I'm still trying to figure out how to regulate it more evenly. Less wood, close it up more, etc.

Temp outside this week has been 35 during the day and around 26 at night.

Hope that helps. :)

That is a sharp looking stove:cheers: :cheers:
congratulations, have fun waving to the LP and oil man as they go by.
:clap:

Nice Unit, however, I would recommend moving your wood supply just a little bit further away.......:cheers:

Most wood furnaces can handle a 6" clearance to combustibles, on the sides. It's the front and rear discharge that usually need the 4 feet.

I can smell the fresh paint burning off right now:) Nice unit, I had similiar experiences with regulating my stove at first, it just takes time and understanding on how it burns, during the evening I throw small 3"- 4" pieces in one at a time it will keep a bed of coals and the temp down. I keep doing this until I almost get ready for bed then I start ramping the heat up and pack it full for the night(about 3am) and do the same.

Back