I've been ebay'd

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in NY near Albany. If this rat is nearby, I'll put a stocking on my head and take a bat and..er..uh...I'll check it out for you.
:smoking:

i ve sold a few things on ebay in the past and had decent luck. so this spring i decided to put a hardly used jonsered 2150 on for bidding with a good descript and stating as is, being a 2 stroke. someone in southern maine clicked buy it now, i informed him by ebay email that i would be draining the MIXED fuel and bar oil and he would need to fill with MIXED FUEL and bar oil. he quickly payed my paypal account and the packaged saw went out that day. when i checked the paypal status it showed my account had the payment, but it wasnt mine to be used until the seller got the item and was happy with it (5 days to decide). had a nice little explantion why they were doing this, that i wasnt a bad guy. :angry2: i couldnt believe it! my feedback is 100% , i sent out my nicest saw and i gotta wait to see if this guy thinks its ok? he could ruin the saw in seconds if he used insufficient fuel. its a 2 stroke they start to destroy themselves the minute they are started. lol. butt luckily he recieved it,,liked it and everything was ok. :clap: but i dont think ill gamble selling a saw on ebay again.

Just a "food for thought" about ebay.

My brother was selling computer networking equipment on EB for a while.

He sold something that was NIB and the box was still sealed. The buyer said that when he got the box there wasn't any thing in it. My brother had no choice but to send him another one.....but this time the box was opened.........

Im in NY near Albany. If this rat is nearby, I'll put a stocking on my head and take a bat and..er..uh...I'll check it out for you.
:smoking:

I'm near Buffalo, I'll gladly go thru it if need be, Heck if he doesn't want it I might even buy it.

Just a thought for you. Where did you ship it to? Maybe there's an AS member that can have a quick look at it for you at the buyer's residence. Could save you shipping cost and negative rep if it's something simple. Kind of like sending one of your service techs. How can you get negative ebay rep for that??

This is a great idea. Maybe there is someway for the moderators to make a search-able map of willing participants for instances like this.

It would be like buying a gun on-line... they have to be shipped to a FFL and you have to pick them up there. There is always one within 50 miles, I suspect AS members have close to the same population coverage.

The guy sent me a message this morning and said that he took the carb apart and cleaned it and the saw fired on the second pull and ran great.

The carb didn't need cleaned when it shipped but at least he figured it out and got it going. He still hasn't left me feedback so we shall see what the future holds.

Back