Jacks Small Engines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleepy

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I placed an order with them on 5/10 and some of the items had to come from Husqvarna which I understood up front, and was willing to wait. Sunday evening 5/21, I got an order update email informing me that everything was there except for one item, and it would be in stock on 5/25. I have a saw I need to get back together, so as soon as they opened on Monday morning 5/22, I called and told them to ship what they had and cancel the item that wasn't there. Their rep said it wouldn't go out Monday but probably would the next day. Well, today is Thursday 5/25 and my stuff still hasn't shipped. The one item I was waiting on is now in stock but can't be added, because my order has been sent to the warehouse.
I've used them several times in the past but in the future, I think I will help with their shipping backlog, by using another vendor. This has about finished me with them.

There is no guarantee that any parts supplier has the parts that they list in stock. They usually have to order down the channel and what you hope is that they don't have to order from China because that costs at least another two weeks. If you get a response that says, "back ordered", sit down and enjoy a few ball games. There is not much else that you can do. It's all part of today's world economy.

I have a local Jacks Small Engine and they are about as useful as fly ****. It would take me quite a while to explain all of the wasted time I and my local arborist have spent with them. A few quick accounts : they don't carry muffler or any other machine part bolts, don't carry fuel filters, don't know the difference between a 14 and 24 inch bar by looking at it can only go by what the label says... I'm going to stop here but certainly do not have anything good to say about my local.

I wouldn't have taken the time to post but since you asked...

Just got this email from them. At least they're making an attempt to straighten this out:

"Thank you for your email to Jacks. I sincerely apologize for the delay in this order. Our warehouse has recorded an inventory error and are currently missing (2) 501527801, (1) 502509901, and (1) 503735801. We are shipping the other items today. I will be refunding your shipping due to this inconvenience as well. Let us know if we can assist you with anything else."

I don't know about this sh*t, I still get this message when I check the status of my order:
"Your order has been sent to the warehouse,check back here to get more detailed shipping information. At this point your order can no longer be changed."

I quit using Jacks about a decade ago. When you ordered a part and it was backordered (sometimes 30-40 days), they went ahead and charged your CC. Not put a hold on that amount, but charged. Your CC statement would show that charge and it hadn't even shipped. We bitched about it on a lawn care forum so much that the owner responded to the thread - he says that's standard business. He got an earful and was called many colorful metaphors.

Glad i read this I have had good dealing with them i guses i have been lucky

They have some pretty good prices...but no way to tell real time inventory. Ereplacement parts has a much better setup...but often prices aren't as good.

Jacks updates on estimated time are useless. Just have to be patient if you want best price.

If you want real time inventory and want it shipped now, pay the premium and buy it off eBay, with eBay's system is hard to sell what you don't have without the feedback catching up with you.

Want the best price, Jack's and a few others are the best but usually don't have anything in stock, it's all drop shipped.

I had a goal of anything listed on my site I would have physical possession of and able to ship same day or next day, that works 98%of the time but that's probably going to change soon with my new site.... Adding Ari partsmart will be great for looking up parts but with no way to add real time inventory to it I'm sure I will dealing with some of the same delays that places like Jack's and ereplacement does. Convenience has a price and in this case that price is time

If you want real time inventory and want it shipped now, pay the premium and buy it off eBay, with eBay's system is hard to sell what you don't have without the feedback catching up with you.

Want the best price, Jack's and a few others are the best but usually don't have anything in stock, it's all drop shipped.

I had a goal of anything listed on my site I would have physical possession of and able to ship same day or next day, that works 98%of the time but that's probably going to change soon with my new site.... Adding Ari partsmart will be great for looking up parts but with no way to add real time inventory to it I'm sure I will dealing with some of the same delays that places like Jack's and ereplacement does. Convenience has a price and in this case that price is time

What kind of price on the part smart? I looked them up and no price on the website.

Right now all our inventory is just on shelves. Need something? Spend 45 mins searching, give up, 2 months later find 5 of them while looking for something else.

Have been thinking of just making a database in Access. Would be free.

My order finally arrived today. In addition to the three items I knew would be missing, check out these two fuel line grommets. :)There's even a handwritten part number on the back of each package that doesn't match the one on the front, as if they have been repackaged.
Looks like someone in parts doesn't know what a grommet is.

My order finally arrived today. In addition to the three items I knew would be missing, check out these two fuel line grommets. :)There's even a handwritten part number on the back of each package that doesn't match the one on the front, as if they have been repackaged.

:confused:damn

I've had the same thing happen...twice in a row.

Back