Jeanne's 5 day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
We don't want no more steenkin' hurricanes! :blob2:

Go north! This hurricane season is a great example of why I only visit Florida. Good luck to all the folks down there.:(

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
What was the reason people live in Florida for? :confused:

:Monkey:

Go to western Montana in January. It's probably already snowing there now!:D

I know this is probably not cool or wise with you Florida boys but I hope it hits a westerly around NY and comes in land up the St Lawerence!:blob2:
Not only would that set us up for work into winter but it would knock down a few derilics(sp.)
We have had this discussion a few times the GTA(Toronto) needs a major event to knock down some of these over lived structurally FUBARed monsters in the GTA
I hope I know what I'm wishing for!
Later
John

m'Lady is named Miss Jeannie Fine; since a lil'girl been wanting a herricane named after her; and it to be remembered; so ya's better watch out; cuz she's fiesty!
attachment.php

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!

it's like deja vu all over again.
jeanne is forcasted to make landfall (about
10 miles to the south of us) right where
frances did three weeks ago
to the day!!!! just got done tightening up
the house and we're ready to go. i guess
this means no climbing on sunday:D . maybe
jeanne will finish up this 60' oak that frances
couldn't.
budroe:cool:

Again I am getting a flood of calls to take trees out before the storm. Sure.....
For the last 2 days we have been working with a 75ton terex crane, and an awesome operator. That crane (and me) were picking the trees apart. I'm only paying the 40ton rate ($125hr 4hr min) but get the big boy cause it's all they have left. We had to put off 2 jobs because the crane is too big and the customers nor I am ready for the devistation a 75ton does to a driveway. I've got a customer begging me to come take down her 3 pines. They are each about 40"dbh and about 70' tall. I priced it a little over $4k and she was all over it. Then tonight I said there was no way we could do it prior to the storm but could schedule her for late next week. She said she would call back...... I'm sure she will, 1 day before the next storm.
oh well...
Greg

Dang, Greg. You need to clone yourself.

Here's the Friday night version of this interesting storm. Sorry Florida. It just doesn't look good for ya.

31 Things we learned from Frances!

1. An oak tree on the ground looks four times bigger than it did standing up.
2. Even after all these years it is still nice to spend time with Colonel Mustard in the ballroom with the lead pipe.
3. When house hunting look for closets with lots of legroom.
4. Water from the shower is much colder than water from the kitchen sink--- and tastes just as bad.
5. AA, C and D are the only alphabet we need.
6. The four way stop is still an ingenious reflection of civility.
7. Radio can be the best way to watch television.
8. Chainsaw wielding men are nothing to be afraid of.
9. SUV's are the best makeshift tents on the market.
10. You can use your washing machine as a cooler.
11. It's your God given right to sit on your back porch and eat Chinese takeout by candlelight in your underwear.
12. We shouldn't complain about "useless" tools in the garage—we actually DO need a generator
13. You can't spell "priceless" without I-C-E.
14. Downed power lines make excellent security systems.
15. Lake Eola can generate waves.
16. Gasoline is a value at any price
17. Cell phones: Breaking up isn't hard to do.
18. The lifeblood of any disaster recovery is COFFEE.
19. The need for your dog to go out and take care of business is inversely proportional to the severity of the storm.
20. Candlelight is better than botox--- it takes years off your appearance.
21. Air Conditioning: BEST. INVENTION. EVER.
22. Water is a comfort food. But 3-day-old Cheetos are too.
23. Shadow animals on the wall---Still fun.
24. No matter how hard the wind blows, roadside campaign signs will survive.
25. You should never admit to having power at your house in the presence of co-workers or neighbors who do not.
26. There's a plus to having NOTHING in the refrigerator.
27. Getting through the day should be an Olympic event.
28. The movie theater can be a most pleasant place, even if the feature is Alien vs. Predator
29. Somebody's got it worse.
30. Somebody's got it better. Obviously, they are getting preferential treatment.
31. Singing Row Row Row your boat a hundred times can be fun

attachment.php

I think that is a good way of looking at it treespyder. got to love to take the dogs out in the middle of storm.good luck and be safe.

Blue, you've sorta been a hurricane magnet. Florida seems to get all the attention, but the Bahamas have been getting slammed with ferocity, over and over. In fact, according to the maps of the moment, you are getting slammed with category 3 winds and rain,...... now. So sorry Bro. It must be getting old.

Here's the Saturday morning satellite images. Coastal Florida's gonna get cold-cocked tomorrow. Batten down the hatches. Our thoughts will be with you.

There's only one possible reason for that. It's because your avatar is so freekin ugly.:D

You can change the course of your future, and create your moment-to-moment reality, but it needs to start with you lookin in the mirror and saying, "Blue, your avatar is ugly."

Then commit to making a shift. Once you're truly commited to this can you effect a change. Don't think that running away to the Yukon is going to solve anything. The hurricanes will follow. The change needs to come from within.

Things I've Learned Since Hurricane Charley, Frances, Ivan, etc .....
===============================================================================
* Coffee and frozen pizzas can be made on a BBQ grill.
* No matter how many times you flick the switch, lights don't work without electricity.
* Kids can survive 4 days or longer without a video game controller in their hand.
* Cats are even more irritating without power.
* He who has the biggest generator wins.
* Women can actually survive without doing their hair--you just wish they weren't around you.
* A new method of non-lethal torture - showers without hot water.
* There are a lot more stars in the sky than most people thought.
* TV is an addiction and the withdrawal symptoms are painful. One day at a time, brother.
* A 7 lb bag of ice will chill 6-12 oz Budweiser's to a drinkable temperature in
11 minutes, and still keep a 14-pound turkey frozen for 8 more hours.
* There are a lot of trees around here.
* Flood plan drawings on some mortgage documents were seriously wrong.
* Contrary to most Florida natives' beliefs, the speed limit on roads without traffic lights does not increase.
* Aluminum siding, while aesthetically pleasing, is definitely not required.
* Just because you're over 21 doesn't mean you can stay out as late as you want.. At least that's what the cops told me during a curfew stop.
* Crickets can increase their volume to overcome the sound of 14 generators.
* People will get into a line that has already formed without having any idea what the line is for.
* When required, a Chrysler 300M will float--doesn't steer well, but floats just the same.
* Some things do keep the mailman from his appointed rounds.
* Tele-marketers function no matter what the weather is doing.
* Cell phones work when land lines are down, but only as long as the battery remains charged.
* 27 of your neighbors are fed from a different transformer than you, and they are quick to point that out!
* Laundry hampers were not made to contain such a volume.
* If I had a store that sold only ice, chainsaws, gas, and generators...I'd be rich.
* The price of a bag of ice rises 200% after a hurricane.
* Your water front property can quickly become someone else's fishing hole.
* Tree service companies are under appreciated.
* I learned what happens when you make fun of another state's blackout.
* MATH 101: 30 days in month, minus 6 days without power equals 30% higher electric bill ?????
* Drywall is a compound word, take away the "dry" part and it's worthless.
* I can walk a lot farther than I thought.
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back