• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

john deere 66sv sale or parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonny9

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
For sale for $300 or possible part out. Has been sitting inside and not used for 10-15 years. The local mower shop said it probably had a bad CDI and was firing out of time. I dont remember their exact words. If you put fuel directly into the carb it fires right up. Carb was rebuilt and it did the same thing before and after rebuild. Compression seems good. I would fix and keep it but the part is so hard to find and collecting chain saws isn't my thing. If I knew 100% on what to do to get it running then I would definitely keep it.

Video of compression and start attempt. http://s564.photobucket.com/user/jcheney225/media/john deere 66sv/3143B5C3-05A1-4DB5-BEEF-47A6F80D776A.mp4.html

Shipping your responsibility. If you are local to Zionville, NC and you feel safer paying in person I can ship it to my uncle there after you pay shipping and then pay him the cash upon pickup.

Link to pics. Located in south Florida
John 9544391116

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s564.photobucket.com/user/jcheney225/embed/slideshow/john deere 66sv"></iframe>

Attachments

• IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 23
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but I have been buying running 610's and 66 SV's between $200 and $250. In that range I would be interested.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but I have been buying running 610's and 66 SV's between $200 and $250. In that range I would be interested.

No offense taken. I initially left a price out as from my research the prices were all over the place but I didn't want to violate any forum rules by not at least listing something. I am gonna give the listing a few more days to run and post the vid.

For sale for $500 or possible part out. Has been sitting inside and not used for 10-15 years. The local mower shop said it probably had a bad CDI and was firing out of time. I dont remember their exact words. If you put fuel directly into the carb it fires right up. Carb was rebuilt and it did the same thing before and after rebuild. Compression seems good. I would fix and keep it but the part is so hard to find and collecting chain saws isn't my thing. If I knew 100% on what to do to get it running then I would definitely keep it.

Video uploading now.

Shipping your responsibility. If you are local to Zionville, NC and you feel safer paying in person I can ship it to my uncle there after you pay shipping and then pay him the cash upon pickup.

Link to pics. Located in south Florida
John 9544391116

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s564.photobucket.com/user/jcheney225/embed/slideshow/john deere 66sv"></iframe>
I had one did the same thing....flywheel side seal popped out of the case...reinstalled the seal and it ran great!

Back