John Deere 66SV?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Neb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a lead on a John Deere 66SV and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. The Acres site doesn't seem to say very much.

The owner thinks it is some sort of Echo manufactured saw and it appears to have two cylinders. The saw is actually in very nice shape and I may be able to pick it up.

Anyone know anything?

I own one in JD colors, and I have a NEW never started Echo CS 610 EVL. The are very hard to get. I would buy it, or buy it and sell it to me for a profit for your time.

Mike

I literally know nothing about these saws. This guy says he hasn't run it in almost a year and procedes to start it in about 6 pulls.

I guess the question would be... What would a 66SL be worth in very good condition? B/C aren't in great shape but the powerhead is pretty nice.

I initially thought it was an old Mac from a distance. It is almost solid yellow with John Deere painted on the side.

In Ca they are very hard to get.( probabaly never sold here) Maybe back east they are easier to get.

Mike

Yeah the Echo 610 evl / john deere 66 sv seem to be fairly rare. I notice one go across ebay every once in a great while. The last one I saw was pretty nice...guy wanted like 600 buck for it idk if he got it though. Always thought a twin cylinder saw would be kinda cool...

Yeah the Echo 610 evl / john deere 66 sv seem to be fairly rare. I notice one go across ebay every once in a great while. The last one I saw was pretty nice...guy wanted like 600 buck for it idk if he got it though. Always thought a twin cylinder saw would be kinda cool...

old thread, but no matter. I,ve been offered an Echo cst 600 evl. It appears to be a v-twin. Should I pay any more than any other saw this age?

Am I really getting a rare saw?

I have both. One in Echo colors and
one in JD colors. They are a great collector
saw. The Echo's are a lot more common.
I have only seen a couple go through ebay
and if i remember right they went in the $400 range.
and they weren't perfect.

Lee

I saw a brand new 610-evl go for $825 and a like-new 66sv go for $795, so they have some value for sure.

Thanks guys.

I'll let you know the result. While I think of it, has anyone heard of or seen an Echo 660 ESP. I have one and it has an electronic key that is needed for the coil to work. Echo cannot provide any info

cheers

Last edited:
JD 66SV twin cylinder saw. Need good motor or will sell for parts

I know this is an old thread, but I have to make a decision and thought someone might pick up on this. I repaired this sweet running saw yesterday(JD66SV same as CS610EVL ECHO twin cylinder), and the customer promptly went out and put raw gas in it (motor fried). I would like to keep it, but if I can not find a motor at a reasonable price, I am gonna sell it.

Any help would be appreciated. It is flying the John Deere green under the 66SVA (ty66sva Kioritz oval metal tag). Great appearance (extra fine).

Thanks,
DT

Latest posts

Back