John Deere Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I thought I had a clean one. Be very careful as there is red plastic under that yellow paint and any scratch will shine through. As far as that saw goes I would put it up and wrap it with an old towel, really a nice saw.
Thanks! Nobody could have been more surprised than I was when I spotted the condition of this saw! I had held my hopes down, cause most people in this area use & abuse (more of the latter) chainsaws until they are unrecognizable. It seems the more the saw is worth, the worse treatment it gets. When I saw this one, I didn't even try to talk him down on price like I usually do, just shelled it out & ushered her to the truck!!
I saw the paint underneath thing in a thread while doing some searching. It might have been yours. I took it to heart! I usually do not own "Shelf Queens", but this one is causing second thoughts about that idea!

Well, it was what he said it was. I got it this afternoon, & got a little play time with it. The chain is a gonner, looks like he dug some trench with it, complete with a few busted cutters, but I hand filed what was left just so I could try it out a bit. Saw runs pretty good, will probably do better when I get the old gas run out of it, & some fresh mix in it. Saw looks great excepting 1 place on the foot plate has been broken. Thank you all again for all your info! Now, I'll see if I can get the pics to post.

I wish that I'd read this thread earlier--Please do not run the saw to get rid of the old mix, you could possibly damage the P&C. Just dump it out.

BTW, nice saw! I'd hang on to that one as a collectable & an investment.

Back