John Deere cleanup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
berryman70

berryman70

ArboristSite Guru
A friend brought over this John Deere 55SV that had been in the hay mow of a barn for over 15 years. It really was a mess, My brother-in-law & I cleaned it up & got it running. Wish I had taken some before pics :buttkick: couldn't wait to get started on it. :)
Does anyone know who built this saw for JD & approx what year? It says made in Japan on the inside cover, couldn't find much info on the acres site. Also it has a bow on one side of the bar, never seen that before has anybody else seen that?
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
A friend brought over this John Deere 55SV that had been in the hay mow of a barn for over 15 years. It really was a mess, My brother-in-law & I cleaned it up & got it running. Wish I had taken some before pics :buttkick: couldn't wait to get started on it. :)
Does anyone know who built this saw for JD & approx what year? It says made in Japan on the inside cover, couldn't find much info on the acres site. Also it has a bow on one side of the bar, never seen that before has anybody else seen that?
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey, your hat's on backwards.

berryman70

berryman70

ArboristSite Guru
Dan_IN_MN

Dan_IN_MN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Had the JD 55V as a kid

We had the JD 55V as a kid. We bought it new ran it quite a bit. I don't know what happened to it. Anyone know what the S means? How about the V while I'm at it?

I have a JD 50V.....don't know the condition.

Dan

Last edited:
Modifiedmark
We had the JD 55V as a kid. We bought it new ran it quite a bit. I don't know what happened to it. Anyone know what the S means? How about the V while I'm at it?

I have a JD 50V.....don't know the condition.

Dan

I'm not sure what the "s" stands for, but the V should stand for antivibe. The Echos marked VL stands for vibeless, but the JD's just say V. An EV would be electronic ignition and the Echo would say EVL.

outdoorlivin247

outdoorlivin247

Addicted to ArboristSite
Never really understood the JD models?...The 55 came in an EV and a SV...The EV was a 50cc saw and the SV was a 54cc saw...The E in the echo line stood for electronic ignition can't remember what the VL stands for...But I will get out the owners manuals and figure it out...

Darton2

Darton2

ArboristSite Lurker
Well, I picked up a real nice running 450V for trade on some labor. Thing looks brand new. I am having problems ID'ing it as well. What echo model is its clone?

outdoorlivin247

outdoorlivin247

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well, I picked up a real nice running 450V for trade on some labor. Thing looks brand new. I am having problems ID'ing it as well. What echo model is its clone?

If I had to guess it would be a cs4500...Lots of plastic?...If you can grab a picture that would help...

Darton2

Darton2

ArboristSite Lurker
I will grab a pic tonight. I think your right though, looks very similar to some of the pics I seen of the cs4500.
The colors and plastic are similar to the 55v in this post.

Latest posts