John Deere CS56 HELP!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugilist

Reaction score
My newer CS 56 is having throttle problems . I sent it to a dealer 3x and they adjusted the high idle screw and tested the compression and then sent it back It still does not perform (slow throttle respons and no power). A friend said he will adjust it for me if i could find out the setting. He wants to know how many turns it is on the high idle adjustment screw until it rests to its factory setting (ie. 1 1/4 turn ) Can anybody help me??

EPA carb or fully adjustable? All fully adjustable carbs are usually 1 turn out. I start at 1-1/4 turns out from lightly seated, and adjust from there. Slow throttle response off idle (bog) usually means lean.

And no power usually means lean also, if the dealer adjusted it to EPA specs you can expect it to be lean. Try opening both the high and low a little and see if it helps, if not you can put them back where they were. Steve

I had the same issue with a CS52 and tried all the usual adjustments that were recommended here. Finally ordered a new carb from Deere because the Efco dealer was too far away. 80 dollars and 10 minutes took care of the problem. Now I need to rebuild the original card and keep it for a spare.

many thanks so far

it still has its warranty however i hate that JD keeps telling me it needs adjusted again and to take it back in. How many times will they do this to me until they replace the carb/saw.

it still has its warranty however i hate that JD keeps telling me it needs adjusted again and to take it back in. How many times will they do this to me until they replace the carb/saw.

If you have luck, it will help richening it a bit on the L side, try 1/8 turn CCW at a time....

Ty

I had it adjusted and it seems to be wicked in tune right not but I have not put it to the true test yet. This weekend will tell. I will try that if needed and I really appreciate the advice. This is the last chance for this saw. If it does not work for me i am off to get a new one. My budget would be about $500, what would you reccommend as an alternative.

I had it adjusted and it seems to be wicked in tune right not but I have not put it to the true test yet. This weekend will tell. I will try that if needed and I really appreciate the advice. This is the last chance for this saw. If it does not work for me i am off to get a new one. My budget would be about $500, what would you recommend as an alternative.

Raise the budget a bit, and get a MS361.........

Last edited:
The little note on the left when you put the mouse over it says: can ban you. I guess i have broken the rule against advertising. So for the person that wanted the cub cadet , please don't send the check. I will send it back if it's already in the mail. And the person that wanted the 372 , i can't sell it because it's from illegal advertising.

Latest posts

Back