John Deere CS56 HELP!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pugilist

pugilist

My newer CS 56 is having throttle problems . I sent it to a dealer 3x and they adjusted the high idle screw and tested the compression and then sent it back It still does not perform (slow throttle respons and no power). A friend said he will adjust it for me if i could find out the setting. He wants to know how many turns it is on the high idle adjustment screw until it rests to its factory setting (ie. 1 1/4 turn ) Can anybody help me??

Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
EPA carb or fully adjustable? All fully adjustable carbs are usually 1 turn out. I start at 1-1/4 turns out from lightly seated, and adjust from there. Slow throttle response off idle (bog) usually means lean.

Grassman6

Grassman6

I had the same issue with a CS52 and tried all the usual adjustments that were recommended here. Finally ordered a new carb from Deere because the Efco dealer was too far away. 80 dollars and 10 minutes took care of the problem. Now I need to rebuild the original card and keep it for a spare.

pugilist

pugilist

many thanks so far

it still has its warranty however i hate that JD keeps telling me it needs adjusted again and to take it back in. How many times will they do this to me until they replace the carb/saw.

pugilist

pugilist

Ty

I had it adjusted and it seems to be wicked in tune right not but I have not put it to the true test yet. This weekend will tell. I will try that if needed and I really appreciate the advice. This is the last chance for this saw. If it does not work for me i am off to get a new one. My budget would be about $500, what would you reccommend as an alternative.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I had it adjusted and it seems to be wicked in tune right not but I have not put it to the true test yet. This weekend will tell. I will try that if needed and I really appreciate the advice. This is the last chance for this saw. If it does not work for me i am off to get a new one. My budget would be about $500, what would you recommend as an alternative.

Raise the budget a bit, and get a MS361.........

Last edited:
clintb

clintb

ArboristSite Operative
The little note on the left when you put the mouse over it says: can ban you. I guess i have broken the rule against advertising. So for the person that wanted the cub cadet , please don't send the check. I will send it back if it's already in the mail. And the person that wanted the 372 , i can't sell it because it's from illegal advertising.

Latest posts