John Deere pole saw???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khntr85

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys do any of you have or used a John Deere ps2683 pole saw.... a guy has one local that's basically new for $250.... I don't know if they are junk, decent, great, or anywhere in between....

Any thoughts/ideas are much appreciated.... thanks a lot Kyle!!!IMG_1304.PNGIMG_1303.PNG

Someone else on here will chime in soon, but I believe it's made by efco and should be well built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He says someone coming to look at it, but he could be trying to sell it quick.... I mean if it's a decent model I will flash $200 at him.... of course after I cut some with it!!!!

Ya I talked to Deere dealer today, he said echo made it possibly... he estimated 8-10 years old.... may have to pass on this one don't really NEED it anyway...

Absoluely NOTHING wrong with Efco/Oleo Mac! It's the italien high quality brand equivalent to german Stihl, swedish Husqvarna, german Dolmar, japanese Echo, etc...

I use Oleo Mac pro saws and have owned the homeowner line and they are not a single notch behind the rest of the brands!

Hey @7sleeper you must get up early to lol... if guy come down I would atleast look at it, and I did sell 2-stihl clamshells yesterday, so we will see.... it did look well built, but I haven't seen it in person either..

Thats a zenoah. Easy to spot for me, I've worked their weed eaters with that powerhead head many hours. 26 and 23cc. Buy it because they can take **** ton of abuse.

Had an Efco pole saw on the log truck, nice saw, but it went missing. Dunno what happened, think it was stolen but it'd be weird since they would have walked over a regular chainsaw sitting in a crate by the headache rack and unstrapped the pole saw which was bungee in two places (and kind of a PITA to pull off).

Hey @7sleeper you must get up early to lol... if guy come down I would atleast look at it, and I did sell 2-stihl clamshells yesterday, so we will see.... it did look well built, but I haven't seen it in person either..
I'm in a different time zone compared to you... ;)

Thats a zenoah. Easy to spot for me, I've worked their weed eaters with that powerhead head many hours. 26 and 23cc. Buy it because they can take **** ton of abuse.
Hey have you ever used the pole saw by chance... I know you say the engine is the same as the trimmers, so that's saying something right there... probably a decent rig really..

Never used the polesaws saws but they are pretty much the same as the weedeaters with a just different cutting attachment.

Decent machine, looks barely used, but $250 is too much for it. $200 is the absolute maximum I'd pay for it but I feel the true value is around $180: unless you know exactly what rebranded product it is, you'll be forced to use genuine Deere spare parts and those things cost an arm, a leg and other bodily parts I won't mention. :confused:

$5.85 for the running deer sticker.
b1bb9acbc6b61dfbd60e8c5eea529326.jpg

[emoji21]

I have one of these and I need a piston & cylinder kit (igmo kid filled with regular gas - arg) So Nathan do you know where I can get a piston and cylinder kit? This cutter has been a little tank, but JD wants $250 for a piston and cylinder kit (2 different kits) YIKES! The engine is 25.6cc

I'm wondering if a new replacement motor would be a better way to go. I'm a bit ignorant on these things. Does anyone know if a Mitsubishi TU26 or TU43 would work?

I'm trying to see what I find thats oem chinese kits are available on ebay and aliexpress if you look for a zenoah 26cc.

Can you post a picture of the engine?

Latest posts

Back