johnny 520se fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
got a good one for all the mechs in here. gots a 520,,and it was leaking fuel big time out the bottom of the carb...get kit,install, NOTHING!!! bit of fuel in carb, to get primed,,NOTHING!! after about 5 times of this,,getting irritated!! had to go get some extremely hard to find parts,,and while there,,had saw in hand,,and handed to the techy. he said whats it do?? told him story,he said,hmmmmmm. took carb off.lifted the top lid were the gasket with the two flaps was,,and looked at It for the longest time..said,,believe it or not, this will go two ways,,and you had it 180 out!!! [damn] this wasn't the first carb I ever did,,but the first for this!!!:msp_rolleyes::msp_rolleyes: get home,,and it fired,,but still wasn't right............................grrr. took off the diaprahm side, and grabbed the magnifying glass. looked close, and didn't push the one side of the pivot pin for the float level tight down the the retainer!!!!! :msp_rolleyes: pushed it down,reset the lever, hot damn!!! don't leak either!!!!1:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:and for any knowitall,,if you never make a mistake,,you aint doin anything... that saw,,was just about its undoing!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
That saw is a exercise in frustration. I sent mine packing down the road.

Most rinky dink carb mounting system I have ever seen.

Glad you got yours going though!

most rinking dink recoil setup also..but man,,for a clamshell,,it hauls!! but then,,the 951 oly I just put together..that flat hauls also,,with a MUCH better recoil!!!!!!! :msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Hmmm....listen to Mark.....send it packin whilst it still runs.....swap it for a six pac of your favorite beverage....even if that is water you come out ahead.......of course that is just my own opinion....

oh, its going. I like johnnys,,but as mark said,,an exercise in frustration....

Latest posts

Back