Jonsered 2150 Jubilee edition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that is a pretty good price out the door. It is a completely different saw than the 2050. The 2150 has better anti vibe, side tensioner, different controls, etc. A better built saw all the way around. Im thinking the 2050 might have even been a shreveport poulan. The 2150 is made in sweden.

The 2150 may have some improvements over the 2050, but it says "MADE IN SWEDEN" on the 2050 big as life.

My guess is that the 2150 is the 2050 with some updates (hence a new model number). At $300 they are both consumer saws, but I'm glad to hear the 2150 is a BETTER saw because the 2050 is NOT that impressive and I would not want another one.

Hopefully the 2150 has a stronger starter housing (mine shattered). A more reliable spark module (mine died). And a better oiler (mine is anemic at best). There was no problem with the 2050 anti-vibe or controls that I can think of....

Thanks for the info on where the saw was made max2cam. If I remember right, your 2050 has the funky rear handle and the front handle mounts to the side of the powerhead, rather than bolting on underneath it? If so, the 2150 is completely different from the ground up, not just improved.

I also have a 2050 that was made in Sweden. I have had the saw for years and it has provided trouble free service. It is nice saw with a 16 inch bar an .325 chain.

The 2050 and 2150 I do not believe is in the class of the MS260 or the 346xp.

Personally, I would look for a used Stihl 026 or MS260. They can be had for about $170-$250 on Ebay all day long. The 026/260 will cut circles around the 2150. JMHO

I would get the jonsered at that price. Most of the 026/260s ive seen on ebay that are even in fair shape go for a minimum of $225 to $250. Pay a little more and get a warranty. The 026 may edge the 2150 a little in cutting speed, but I wouldnt say it will cut circles around it.

2040, 2045, 2050, 2054, and 2055 all share a similar modular design; everything above the crank centerline is in one die-casting, with a bolted on bearing cap/bottom. This assembly then mounts into the pressure-cast plastic tank/chassis. The vibration isolation is all in the handle mounting at the rear of the tank and up along the right side.

Poulans were a little different: the plastic tank/chassis <b>was</b> the bottom 1/2 of the motor, and at least some of them came without plated cylinder bores. Expectation was Harvey Homeowner wouldn't ever get enough hours out of it to wear it out anyway. 2050 or 2150 would probably do a dozen years of firewood for a midwestern fireplace. Poulan might do 1/4 that.

2150 is different; the same as Husky 350. Plastic case 1/2's split sideways, use same jug as H351, old Jonsered 2149. 2149/351 has been replaced by slightly larger 353/2152 with enough more cc's to put it within stones's throw of 026/260 peformance.

Thanks for the speedy input. This will be my first saw and it's main use is going to clearing a 2 acre lot of trees no more than 4" in diameter.

I'm going with the Jonsered over a Stihl or Husky mainly because the Jonsered dealer is only a few miles from my house and he was willing to work with the price where the Stihl and Husky dealers didn't.

Thanks again.

A good dealer is worth a great deal. I am not sure why your Jonsered dealer cannot sell you a Husky. I would go with the 346 as it is great lightweight durable saw. I have no opinion of the Jonsered 2150 as the only Jonsered I have is a 111S.

Bill

Thanks for clarification on the various differences between the 2150 and the 2050. I would agree about the "dozen" years of firewood cutting that describes the 2050 quite well. It's non-adjustable oiler was not very good and got me carrying a squirt oil can into the woods (which I use a lot while milling). I got the 2050 to replace an old Jons. 451, but it's not on the same level of build quality or durability. Maybe the 2150 is better.

In the long run, I think you will be a lot more satisfied with the 2147 (basically a Husky 346xp, but a tad heavier based on catalog info) or the 2152 (husky 353). These saws both have magnesium crankcases, better power, and is generally built to last longer than the 350/2150. They also have snap-off top covers.
In my part of the world the price difference is quite stiff :angry: :cry: , especially for the 2147/346, but I regard it as minimal on your side of the Atlantic :) .

Last edited:
Hello, SawTroll. We dont have the 2147 here in the states that I know of. Maybe jonsered will do what they did with the 2159/2156 and it will be a later release. The jonsereds are prettier and they dont seem to be as faded and worn looking after a year.

Brent, the 2147 was released here late 2003, about 4-5 years after the 346xp. I cannot find it at the US Jons. site, so you are probably right.
My suggestion to Jeb will then be to get the 2152. I have a 353, and love it :blob2: !

The 357/359/2159/2156 story happened the same way here as in the US.

Be sure to get the NK bar and chain (95VP, H 30 or S 30) with these saws.
They are the same chain with Oregon, Husky and Jonsered labeling (produced by Oregon, as all Husky and Jonsered chains - well at least I don't know of any exeptions).

By the way, in Norway the standard MS 260 cost less than the 353/2152, but I understand that it is more costly than these saws West of the Atlantic (all your CS prices seem ridiculously low to us though) :angry: .

Last edited:
Back