Jonsered 2153 coming to US?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i,ll be keeping my 346 xp love it.The best small saw ive ever used,plus nice watching it in 8 inch stuff outcut larger saws :chainsaw:

Stick to the kW numbers when in doubt.....

The NE346 is rated at 2.7kW/3.7hp,

and the 2153 at 2.6kw/3.54hp - at least in Sweden.....

I doubt that there is any difference.
Would not you think Husky wants to make there saw look better.

Maccall is correct; the 2156 has been here for about 2 years now. Got one myself! Tilton seems to prefer to sell them with .325, which is what I left on mine, (21LP, 18"). It does seem really quick with the .325, and it balances much better with the 18" bar. But as far as selling it goes, most everyone wants it with a 20" 3/8. In most cases that preference is so they can use the same chain loop as on their 2171/372. The other item is that the 2156 is only available as a "C" model here in the US. (I ditched the "C" on mine before I fired it up).

I also ditched that auto-deco that it came with. I'm surprised that more hasn't been posted about that stupid thing. When that thing fails it will toast the saw. Husky quietly stopped putting them on the 357's, which now come with the old style deco. I assume that Jonsered made the change at the same time. (I haven't had 2156's in stock due to a deal that I got on 357's). Every saw that comes into the shop, I automatically switch over to the older style deco. You also have to put a cap and small wire clip over the port at the bottom of the cylinder. $20 worth of parts will save a $200 P&C.

I'll have to check this out, One saw at a Time, 2153 first.

Looks like the 2153 will appear after the bag and tag sale.

Stick to the kW numbers when in doubt.....

The NE346 is rated at 2.7kW/3.7hp,

and the 2153 at 2.6kw/3.54hp - at least in Sweden.....

Unfortunately it's not always that simple. Not only are there different ways to express hp measurement (DIN is typically expressed metrically, SAE is not), but there are different way to actually measure the power in the first place. So different standards can produce different kW numbers as well.

This comes into play in a big way in automotive engineering, and when the SAE tightened down their standards a year or two ago, most Japanese engines took a beat-down in hp, while many American engines actually "increased." Of course, there was no difference in real output...but the techiniques for measuring that output changed in many ways, and it then prevented the Japanese from cheating and artificially inflating their numbers, which they had been doing for decades.

Unfortunately it's not always that simple. Not only are there different ways to express hp measurement (DIN is typically expressed metrically, SAE is not), but there are different way to actually measure the power in the first place. So different standards can produce different kW numbers as well. .....

KW still is more reliable than the different kinds of hp......:)

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's not always that simple. Not only are there different ways to express hp measurement (DIN is typically expressed metrically, SAE is not), but there are different way to actually measure the power in the first place. So different standards can produce different kW numbers as well. .....

KW still is more reliable than the different kinds of hp......:)

Other then the debateable .1 kwh and .1 weight measurements is there any difference between the husky 346 xp new and cs2153? Looking to order one of these but want to figure out if there is a difference in performance, serviceability, vibration etc... Any help?

Other then the debateable .1 kwh and .1 weight measurements is there any difference between the husky 346 xp new and cs2153? Looking to order one of these but want to figure out if there is a difference in performance, serviceability, vibration etc... Any help?

There can be no differences in the areas you mentioned. They are using the same exact parts other than handle angle and plastic colors.

:bang: 1st of the year, will have the cat. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Retail not set yet, but expect $10 or $20 more than the orange one. Standard model and also available with heated handles.

So what does the $10-20 get you?

Do they have the same air filter?

So what does the $10-20 get you?

Do they have the same air filter?

It just gets you a red one! You should choose which one you personally like the best and which dealer you feel more comfortable with.

Same air filters available. Usually one flock and 40 and 80 micron nylons to choose from. The winter versions with heated handles will have one of the nylons.

Quick question:

Do we have to actually HAVE one in our hands before we start belittling the Stihlheads as to how much better it is than the 260?? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

They won't listen. Doesn't matter if the Stihl is 5 pounds heavier, they don't care, if it has 0,1hp, they don't care, as long as it is a Stihl they don't care.
The less performance, the happier they are ;)

So what else do you know on this one, Spike? Any news since we last checked in? Prices, date-on-sale, etc?

Tilton just contacted me and would not give any info till some 2008 show preview.

The first look will probably be next week at the Louisville Expo if anyone is going. (I'm not) There is also supposed to be some "other new stuff"; and that's as detailed as it gets.

There is one really good rumor/prediction that I could get going here. But, I shouldn't do anything like that, should I?

Well, there is going to be a press conference with several higher ups flying in from Europe from a company frequently mentioned on this site. The topic is supposed to be a rather big purchase of another company. It isn't likely to be saw related, but is supposed to be a major deal for the OPE biz.

Back