jonsered 2153 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAWMIKAZE

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well having 8 stihl saws im ready to take a leap and broaden my horizions and im a 50cc saw lover so..my question is can i purchase a non-cat muffler for the johnny 2153...ive been told they dont come without one now..if so ...where ? The dealer i found is about a half hour away...my stihl dealer 1 mile ...my husky dealer 4 miles and i was considering a 346xp which i know is the orange version..but that guy at the husky dealer is such a D**K i dont think he could give me a saw ! ... goes to show how important dealer support is...not that i dislike husqvarna its just id have to buy one off him and that guy has a better chance with tom bradys wife than gettin some crispy hundred dollar bills from me .. lol ! Fill me in im all ears !

you can pick up a non-cat muffler for $30-$40 bucks from ebay or other sites. dealers can get them as well.

Mine has a non-cat that's also been opened up a bit. It is a fantastic saw. So far I've ran a dozen or more tanks thru it and it just screams.

Hey guys how easy is it to remove those limiters ? Ive never messed with a jonsered before .. am i in for any surprises ? ... After the new muffler ill fatten the high side on it as with any saw i suppose..what carb is in the 2153 ...may sound like a dumb question but like i said never messed with one before ...

Mine has a non-cat that's also been opened up a bit. It is a fantastic saw. So far I've ran a dozen or more tanks thru it and it just screams.

Mine came with a non-cat, so they surely exist.

The cat only thingy in the US is EPA related - it just is an option elsewhere.

trim the tabs off the limiter caps with a dremel. i pulled mine off with a pair of pliers.

You can get a non cat muffler from your dealer, they are in the jred parts list. I threw a muffler from a husky 350 on mine. There are so many saws that use that muffler, wouldn't be hard finding one. They have a walbro carb I believe.

2153's are fine saws. They cut great for their size and just feel good overall. I can't wait to get some time on mine in a tree.

Mine came with a non-cat, so they surely exist.

The cat only thingy in the US is EPA related - it just is an option elsewhere.

Hey troll i just got off the phone with that johnny dealer..small world we know many of the same people ... He told me the one he ordered didnt have a cat and no green fuel cap.... He said 540 bucks cash money out the door...hows that price sound ?...jonsered is almost non-existant in my area he said he only has a couple saws on the shelves but has filters etc..etc..just wanted to see how that price sounded to you ?

...my husky dealer 4 miles and i was considering a 346xp which i know is the orange version..but that guy at the husky dealer is such a D**K i dont think he could give me a saw ! ... goes to show how important dealer support is...not that i dislike husqvarna its just id have to buy one off him and that guy has a better chance with tom bradys wife than gettin some crispy hundred dollar bills from me .. lol ! Fill me in im all ears !

My Husky dealer is one hour away and worth the drive. Ya might want to check out another dealer. I have one closer also, but not so good.

The red 346 is a very good saw, but I like orange a bit better.

In my neck of the woods the J-red version was $50 or $60 more than the 346xp so I went with the Husky. From what I read the 346xp with the green gas cap will have the cat muffler and the grey cap will be a non-cat. I got the grey cap so I have been assuming I have the non-cat version, is that correct?

I just bought it last spring so if I am correct and I could still get a non-cat saw I imagine a non-cat muffler should not be too hard to round up.

In my neck of the woods the J-red version was $50 or $60 more than the 346xp so I went with the Husky. From what I read the 346xp with the green gas cap will have the cat muffler and the grey cap will be a non-cat. I got the grey cap so I have been assuming I have the non-cat version, is that correct?

I just bought it last spring so if I am correct and I could still get a non-cat saw I imagine a non-cat muffler should not be too hard to round up.

Yep, you got the non-cat. Ya did good!

I haven't seen a green cap (e-tech) cat 346 on dealer shelves around here in over two years.

Hey troll i just got off the phone with that johnny dealer..small world we know many of the same people ... He told me the one he ordered didnt have a cat and no green fuel cap.... He said 540 bucks cash money out the door...hows that price sound ?...jonsered is almost non-existant in my area he said he only has a couple saws on the shelves but has filters etc..etc..just wanted to see how that price sounded to you ?

Paid $450 for mine. Dealer has one more on the shelf and I know where another one is for $420. I don't quite know what the list is, a 346xp is $500 list though.

...From what I read the 346xp with the green gas cap will have the cat muffler and the grey cap will be a non-cat. I got the grey cap so I have been assuming I have the non-cat version, is that correct?

the caps are easily swaped so don't rely on that alone. Just look at the top side front of the muffler, if it's a CAT model it will be stamped on there. My old cat muffler was stamped "9K CAT 544 02 85-01 L"

I just ordered a non-cat version (544 02 83-01) from my Jred dealer for around $40.00. Another plus is the non-CAT version is lighter. (every bit helps).

My Husky dealer is one hour away and worth the drive. Ya might want to check out another dealer. I have one closer also, but not so good.

The red 346 is a very good saw, but I like orange a bit better.

Well the guy at the dealer sells skid steers big tractors and some light excavators and has about 9 husky saws on shelves in the corner..if your not buyin a $20,000 machine he treats you like you dont exist and almost like its an inconveinence to answer any question you may have because hes not makin a huge commission on your particular sale and not to mention his bar and chain prices are absurd..so the johnny 2153 it will be !

Well the guy at the dealer sells skid steers big tractors and some light excavators and has about 9 husky saws on shelves in the corner..if your not buyin a $20,000 machine he treats you like you dont exist and almost like its an inconveinence to answer any question you may have because hes not makin a huge commission on your particular sale and not to mention his bar and chain prices are absurd..so the johnny 2153 it will be !

You'll be fine. If I could not get orange, I'd go red...:msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back