jonsered 2166 opinions or thoughts ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
That's a pretty good deal for the 2166. Really comes down to how you're going to use the saw if you want more cubes or the auto-tune.

What size wood do you plan to cut most with it?

Marshy

Marshy

285 Killa
Comstock logging supplies in dolgville ny, [up state fixed my 2166 it had a pinched line,now its ran great,they are running a special on them right now 599,99 with 24 inch bar,i might buy another,i was going to buy a cs2260 or 562xp,not sure, I like the light saws,
So are you saying your saw that was hard to start had a pinched line? Which line do you know?

john damps

john damps

running chainsaws sence 1974
That's a sweet deal on the saw, I looked 'em up on the innertoobz, and the site doesn't make the saws available.
do you think jonsred is going to faze the 2166 out?comstock is a bog dealer -sells to dealer all over the country,-parts-winches-files ect, ,huge wholesaler,he also has some dolmar,

john damps

john damps

Hmm. I thought you were done with this site? Oh well. You'll fit right in with all the other whiny arrogant assholes.
MUST BE LIKE YOU,I GOT A NE COMPUTOR, I WILL RUN THIS NEW 2166 , I HOPE I LIKE IT, why don't other saw makers have a chain pusher for the bar oil like the echo 680,i love that feacher,it cant cost much,did anybody notice chainsaws are going up in price , like 50 bucks per saw,in some cases, my jonsred 2255 went up 100 bucks,this week,i have a lot of hard beech and white oak locust and white birch,

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
[QUOTE="john damps, post: 5719158, member: 120460] why don't other saw makers have a chain pusher for the bar oil like the echo 680,i love that feacher,it cant cost much[/QUOTE]

Oiler adjustment? It's on the bottom of the saw under the sprocket. I've never had any issue with the way Husqvarna has that positioned or how it functions.

john damps

john damps

I'd need a bigger shed first. ;) I run a echo 352 as my baby (small) cutter. I also doubt I'm going to start collecting saws. I use them as tools to get trees on the ground, not a hobby or collection.

I will be building a bandsaw mill in the next year. I'm a machinist by trade, but contemplating going back for my mechanical engineering degree.

Lose only has one O. Loose is a bolt needing tightening. You can lay off my adjectives and I'll keep quiet about you using the wrong words, k? :)
I kave a 680 echo and it is bullet proff I also have 2 -2166[bought another on sale last week 599] the echo is a little more on mild side but will last forever,the 2166 is faster [harder to start] but you cant go wrong with either I like the echo feature of pumping oil on the bar,i have some awfull hard as a rock locust around here, and 5 year warrenty is awsoom,i own both -keep everything stock and that's a tough choice,i like the fell of jonsered saws, good luck

NYH1

Tacticle Chainsaw Operator.
MUST BE LIKE YOU,I GOT A NE COMPUTOR, I WILL RUN THIS NEW 2166 , I HOPE I LIKE IT, why don't other saw makers have a chain pusher for the bar oil like the echo 680,i love that feacher,it cant cost much,did anybody notice chainsaws are going up in price , like 50 bucks per saw,in some cases, my jonsred 2255 went up 100 bucks,this week,i have a lot of hard beech and white oak locust and white birch,
Priceless! :laugh:

NYH1.