Jonsered 2166 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric_271

ArboristSite King
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
New saw on the way, will a 272xp jug bolt on to the 2166? From what I've read there is a re-stricter cast into the 2166 that can be ground out but if that's the only difference in the jugs surely the 372 jug would bolt right on. What say the gurus?

A 272 cylinder suely wont fit as these are way different. A 372 cylinder is a direct bolt on as long as it ia an xtorq cylinder. I would just grind out the baffle out of the 2166 and go if you really want 372 power.

A 272 cylinder suely wont fit as these are way different. A 372 cylinder is a direct bolt on as long as it ia an xtorq cylinder. I would just grind out the baffle out of the 2166 and go if you really want 372 power.
I hear ya but would be nice to save the 2166 jug for an eventual rebuild. Wish I had bought a factory jug for my 670 while they were still available. I may buy a meteor piston and jug down the road for the 670. What a work horse that saw was. I know you say they are way different but they are the same exact cc and if all you have to do is grind the restricter on the 2166 to get the same hp is there actually that much difference in the jugs.

I hear ya but would be nice to save the 2166 jug for an eventual rebuild. Wish I had bought a factory jug for my 670 while they were still available. I may buy a meteor piston and jug down the road for the 670. What a work horse that saw was. I know you say they are way different but they are the same exact cc and if all you have to do is grind the restricter on the 2166 to get the same hp is there actually that much difference in the jugs.
no difference in cylinders just the baffle in the transfer covers. The 2172/372 xtorq use the baffless cylinder and the 2166/365 xtorq use the baffled cylinder

no difference in cylinders just the baffle in the transfer covers. The 2172/372 xtorq use the baffless cylinder and the 2166/365 xtorq use the baffled cylinder
But will the baffless 372 jug bolt right on the 2166 bottom end? I was aware already that the 372 had no baffles. My reason for wanting it. Well that and having a new factory head set a side to make it new again.

I didn't know you liked chain saws?
Who knew? and sure it will
The 670 we bought new in 92 or 93 and been hassle free other in a carb kit to get it back in good shape until this last year.It needs a carb and jug.and will likely get it but not in the mood to tinker this winter. I'm down to a small mountain of huge Osage orange and it's all nearly 3' diameter . Get that done and cut another 20 or so wheat truck loads of Osage this winter and I'll be set for a few more years. My 50cc Makita is tired as well. Gonna replace it with the pro model 50cc . I think dolmars number on that saw was a 5105. 3.8 or 9 hp. That's my idea of a 50cc saw.:)

Ha ha just reread this and caught my mistake and your answer which confirmed my thoughts about being able to use the 372xt jug. Thank for your help.

Latest posts

Back