Jonsered 590 and Husqvarna 55 EPA (45mm) Piston options ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, do you remember the PM i sent you at Chainsaw collectors about the Poulan Pistons which are available at many internet stores ? They had the same Part Number as the 5500 Partner (which is always closed Port !), where shown as "piston type 2", but with a different Part Number than Husqvarna 55 Rancher and Partner 540 (open Port).
Partn Number for 5500 piston is 503538601...but i still don't know if it is a windowed piston...
Max

Mark, do you remember the PM i sent you at Chainsaw collectors about the Poulan Pistons which are available at many internet stores ? They had the same Part Number as the 5500 Partner (which is always closed Port !), where shown as "piston type 2", but with a different Part Number than Husqvarna 55 Rancher and Partner 540 (open Port).
Partn Number for 5500 piston is 503538601...but i still don't know if it is a windowed piston...
Max

Max I do remember that. Like you said there was confusion about that Type 2 piston.I know for sure now that just like I had thought, that piston is for sure a windowed piston.
This is why I wouldn't order one sight unseen before.

That whole type 2 thing has got to be the fact that it has a chain brake, while the type ones did not, typical of most all the other Poulan saws.

solo 654 is windowed 45mm. Does anyone know the wrist pin size? I found an IPL but it doesnt say.

Jonsered 535 piston? Not at a computer but its 45mm windowed with 10 mm pin. Have one in a 353 cylinder.

@Mark
It would be great to know if it's windowed...if you or someone else ever feels like spending 50 bucks for this piston, this could help all PP325 and Partner 5500 owners :msp_biggrin: Plus, i guess you could return it if it does not fit. But don't see this as an request to you ! OI don't actually have a 46 CP cylinder so why should i care :msp_biggrin: I'm just interested, though :msp_smile:

@mweba

The 535 piston is no option, since it's also as rare. I didn't check it, but i even think it's the same...
I don't want to say it's a kinda waste to run it in a 353 but...in fact it is...:msp_biggrin:
Max

@Mark
It would be great to know if it's windowed...if you or someone else ever feels like spending 50 bucks for this piston, this could help all PP325 and Partner 5500 owners :msp_biggrin: Plus, i guess you could return it if it does not fit. But don't see this as an request to you ! OI don't actually have a 46 CP cylinder so why should i care :msp_biggrin: I'm just interested, though :msp_smile:

@mweba

The 535 piston is no option, since it's also as rare. I didn't check it, but i even think it's the same...
I don't want to say it's a kinda waste to run it in a 353 but...in fact it is...:msp_biggrin:
Max

Max maybe I wasn't clear. That part number you listed for the PP 325 type 2 is the one I bought and it is a windowed piston.

I got it off ebay for a couple bucks less and seen it was a windowed piston before buying it that way. Poulan still lists the cyl for that as well. I might try to get one later as funds permit. Might build a 5000 +++ that way. :msp_biggrin:

oh sorry, i really didn't get you right...it's hard enough for me to write and read in english :msp_smile:
Thank you very much, great information !
When it comes to the Cylinder; I searched for the 5500 cylinder part number ( 503538502 ) and this item is replaced by 503609102which is the Husqvarna 55 Cylinder...
Max

Last edited:
What dimensions are we looking for? 535's are on ebay near constantly and make one great running 350 ;)

well i also ordered an Alpina 500 piston now, so that we get any further here about alternatives...:msp_biggrin:
seems to be windowed...if not, i'm gonna return this...
Max

Did you get this and how does it look?

There's actually a whole 535 runner for $80 right now. I thought about it and thought naw :laugh:. Was going to buy saw for piston for this cylinder.

NOS 590 I like, the ones different then 5000 style.

036cp590c009.jpg

036cp590c008.jpg

036cp590c012.jpg

Use the 154/254 piston with bushings for the pin difference.....then cut the squish....

I just picked up my 3rd 590 today. It has a nos top end on it. The guy I got it from has another 590 parts saw, that's supposed to have a good top end on it. He also has a bunch of nos pistons and a few jugs that he's not sure what they fit. I'm supposed to be getting a list of part numbers from him. If your still needing a piston, I can possibly grab it for you.

Back