Jonsered 621 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rguim007

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am attempting a rebuild of a Jonsered 621. I am currently searching for a parts saw to begin the build. My question is: Is there another model that is interchangeable with the 621 that could speed up my searching process? Thanks for your help!

Yup, lots of parts interchange between the 52, 601, 621, 80, 801, 90, etc. What are you looking for specifically?

I have an entire parts list (over 10 parts). Major ones being the pull cord assembly, and top cover. I can list part numbers of everything I need if you would like.

In respect to interchangeability the 621 is in a league by itself mostly. Compared to the other earlier Jonsereds. Some stuff changes out OK like the clutch cover's the same as the 70E and 80. Muffler too. The points ign can be used from a 52, 621 or 80 but you have to use the 621 flywheel. But for things like top covers, recoils, trigger handles etc. it has to be from 621. The good news is that the 621 was a very popular saw in its day and can be found as parts saws fairly easily. Jonsereds was one of the few saw companies that went out of its way to utilize as many of the same parts as possible on as many different models as possible, which makes them very cool to work on if you have more than one. Good luck on your 621. They are very solid and well designed saws and work well for many many yrs.:cheers:

I have an entire parts list (over 10 parts). Major ones being the pull cord assembly, and top cover. I can list part numbers of everything I need if you would like.

The 62 is the closest one, but that is a less common model. The Top cover isn't exactly the same, but I guess it will fit.

There are difference within the 621 models based on earlier or later production. The cases are stamped "N" or "N1" for the earlier or later productions respectively. The designation is found above the fuel cap on the case and inside the starter cover. The starter cover of the "N" will not fit the "N1" models and likewise the other way around, that's a fact.

I'm not sure about other differences between between the two mentioned above... I'm a new to collecting 621's but I managed to find 3 already. Two are N's and one is a N1.

Anyone out there know what year they started making the "N1" versions?

Latest posts

Back