Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy raced a 111s years ago. I got an air filter and Decomp for it.
Guy that built mine had a heck of a time finding one.
This guy has a small shop and feels that the final S in Jonsereds makes a difference.

If he had a set of cases and a crank.......he wouldn't now. Lol

Robin with add on X-ray vision unless there's pics.

Lol...whatever it takes....I'm about game for any way to get NOS parts. Except I'm not going back to that guy that sold me the boat prop instead of Jred parts.:p

Hey Tim....I think I've gotten the camera function figured out on the new phone...be sending you some ignition pics soon.

Kevin

Lol...whatever it takes....I'm about game for any way to get NOS parts. Except I'm not going back to that guy that sold me the boat prop instead of Jred parts.:p

Hey Tim....I think I've gotten the camera function figured out on the new phone...be sending you some ignition pics soon.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. The 801 is just lying there on it's side waiting for some visual assistance. I'm pretty sure I can just reattach the leads.
Whether that fixes my mistake or not remains to be seen.

Tim,
I'm gonna win in this battle with the android...you just wait...lol :rolleyes:
I accidentally made the first bunch of pics actually as short vids. I thought that red light on was strange. Anyway, retook as pics and they came out OK I guess. The long black wire that comes off the points post, goes to the coil on the saw top cover and from there you go down to your kill switch. If you click on each thumbnail pic, they should enlarge OK. Oh yeah, the wire is broken in the pic that goes from the coil terminal to the top of the condenser-it should be soldered back to the coil.

NCM_20140224_112124.JPG NCM_20140224_112134.JPG NCM_20140224_112146.JPG NCM_20140224_112159.JPG

Tim,
I'm gonna win in this battle with the android...you just wait...lol :rolleyes:
I accidentally made the first bunch of pics actually as short vids. I thought that red light on was strange. Anyway, retook as pics and they came out OK I guess. The long black wire that comes off the points post, goes to the coil on the saw top cover and from there you go down to your kill switch. If you click on each thumbnail pic, they should enlarge OK. Oh yeah, the wire is broken in the pic that goes from the coil terminal to the top of the condenser-it should be soldered back to the coil.

View attachment 335511 View attachment 335512 View attachment 335513 View attachment 335514

Thanks Kevin. Those pics should work for me.

JonnyRed 670 Super:

Talked to a fellow who bought one new and loaned it to his landlord at the time. Got it back with no/very low compression. Held on to it all this time and now he and I are wondering if parts are available (piston w/rings and mabe cylinder)?

Worth the effort?

I don't normally 'do' furrin' made saws.

I do get a chubby when I look at a 111S...............................................

JonnyRed 670 Super:

Talked to a fellow who bought one new and loaned it to his landlord at the time. Got it back with no/very low compression. Held on to it all this time and now he and I are wondering if parts are available (piston w/rings and mabe cylinder)?

Worth the effort?

I do get a chubby when I look at a 111S...............................................

Most of us get something like a "chubby" when we look at a 111S. But a lot of it is because they are ultra rare and therefore a mystique has grown around them. It's not like they're out there in #'s to test against other muscle saws.:rolleyes: I'd just like to see some original ad lit from Jred on the saw and where the hell most of them were sold.:confused: Obviously, they didn't knock Husky and Stihl out of the ballpark back in the day, in the PNW....so I have to ask, 'why' if it was such a bad-ass.....

Kevin

JonnyRed 670 Super:

Worth the effort?

Definitely......basically two different versions.....the early has the two piece ign and the later which could be a Super II or Champ...which is the most preferable as it has the one piece ign.....pistons are the same for either and also the 268XP Husky....Meteor markets these...Meteor also sells a P&C kit...Simonians sells this as a complete rebuild kit...http://www.ebay.com/itm/300879726839?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649.....or you could pick up a used cyl off ebay...all depend on what it needs......but worth looking into....for sure.

I don't want to speak of the 111S...........LOL!!!

JonnyRed 670 Super:

Worth the effort?

Carl, if you get into it & need something, let me know. I won't know exactly what I have it what condition until I take a close look again (it's been a while), but I have stashed away some 670 parts saws & parts.

All, I was rebuilding the carb on the 90 this weekend and was wondering; do you replace the little silver disks that come with the kits?

Back