Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. We kinda make fun of it in the office. ;)

But if you like, I'd be happy to "endorse" you for skills so it builds your exposure.
What are some of your areas of expertise? Beer drinking, always drives the speed limit, expert at running through the house with scissors? :D

That's OK...I'm also a licensed plumber and a journeyman mechanic...but nobody cares about that around here....just your lowest labor price. If I can't go low enough, then they get undocumented workers to do it and ***** forever about the quality of the job. The one 'win' I've had around here are the deer & elk....they are trashing the vineyards and they all need fencing. But even at that, I now have to hire a 'talking head' to go with me to the wine foundation/wine center at the community college and sell the deer & elk fencing concept that I build.

Kevin

But, but...there's one of those orange and white things in the background.......

Kevin
Where it belongs....in the background.....technically ....it's gray..not white.....palest dayum gray I ever saw but that's what Stihl calls it.......just because I guess.....:cold:

Where it belongs....in the background.....technically ....it's gray..not white.....palest dayum gray I ever saw but that's what Stihl calls it.......just because I guess.....:cold:

I always considered it a dirty white.....like ivory or linen white. But you're right, sometimes I see gray in 'em up close...not that I wanna remain that close...lol.

Kevin

I always considered it a dirty white.....like ivory or linen white. But you're right, sometimes I see gray in 'em up close...not that I wanna remain that close...lol.

Kevin

Meanwhile, back in Jonsereds country . . . . . .

Wooddean buys a couple of 111 parts, now all he needs are the other 2/3rds of his project. :innocent:

Tease.....whatja get!!!

btw - i was able to spray the crankcase down with brake cleaner and lube it with MMO. It's turning MUCH better than before so I'm thinking I have a good crank, case and bearings.
The oiler seems intact and it has a rimmed sprocket on it. Haven't popped the flywheel yet to check the points but that will probably be an adventure for this weekend.

I was thinking about having the cylinder bore "rechromed"

My theory at least with full-wraps, is that there were specific NA subcontractors that put these on the saws and probably some slight variances along the way. Agreed...a major distributor person in sales during that period could answer this question.

Kevin

Reminds me of the Jonsereds 81 story - and it definately looks like it happened....

btw - i was able to spray the crankcase down with brake cleaner and lube it with MMO. It's turning MUCH better than before so I'm thinking I have a good crank, case and bearings.
The oiler seems intact and it has a rimmed sprocket on it. Haven't popped the flywheel yet to check the points but that will probably be an adventure for this weekend.

I was thinking about having the cylinder bore "rechromed"

I wouldn't....we have yet to find a reliable re-chroming interest that produces a good product all the time. Too much money to gamble....should be done right the first time....period.

Kevin

*Whistles*....don't even wanna know what that set ya back.......:omg:

Kevin

Wasn't all that bad really, considering the availability;

The top cover is in nice shape, doesn't look like it was ever used. No stickers or scratches, a beautiful silvery color. $60
Recoil starter was $28, Flywheel was $40, Carb was $30

Jonsered 535 I have has a broken rear handle. I have looked around this area but have not found one.
I would be interested in purchasing one if someone could give me a lead...This has been a nice saw and I hate to not fix it.

Thank you

Back