Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four digit J'red....so is that a Husky in sheep's clothing?

Kevin
Somewhat........2094 is similar to the 394......the 2095 is about the same except was designed for milling...I think they altered the port timing and lost a few RPM and added a butt load of torque.....perhaps a higher output oiler but not positive about that....still make a damn sweet saw to use on larger stuff....

Four digit J'red....so is that a Husky in sheep's clothing?

Kevin

The 2094 and 2095 aren't really - despite they were made at the Husky factory. All they share with the 394/395 is the bore and stroke - and some nuts and bolts!

There are several other 20xx series Jonsereds that aren't as well, but also some that are (like 2071. 2065 and 2063).

Generally, the longest spike of the dawg is on the bottom....that would make this dawg incorrectly positioned I suppose, but a very poor design IMHO. I haven't seen any J'red dawgs that look like that on the older saws.

If it were me, I'd get some better aftermarket dawgs and/or make some. Most factory dawgs won't flip...their shape won't allow it. You could try to flip it and see what happens. I've had pretty good luck getting metric fasteners at a good hardware store....even weird stuff.

Kevin

Fastenall would be my vote as well. Mine didn't have the right length bolts for my 630.... But they DID have metric threaded rod in the right size (can't remember the size off the top of my head though) which surprised me.

Glad it flipped...still a cheesy, clunky design.

Muffler stud....what do you have available locally...do you have a Fastenal? Throw up a pic of the good one. If it's the same stud on a 80/90, I have it.

Kevin
.240" dia threads on the cylinder end, .195" dia threads on the nut end. 3 3/8" over all length.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429872308.423809.jpg

Found a pair on evilbay that look like it but I havn't looked up the part number yet.

Edit: Dumb stud don't show at all in the IPL I have.

90 on the bay right now:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Jonsered-90-chainsaw

The seller is damn honest about what's wrong with it from visual inspection. I would like to bid on this one....so speak up if your heart is set on this particular saw. Notice the full wrap handle has the special NLA mount that goes back to the saw on the clutch side...the little extinct AV mount I've been blathering on about for quite some time.....and the reason most just cut the handle off there. But then the full-wrap itself looks like it has some probable damage where the tape is. Shipping is high...hate that.

Kevin

Back